Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Who's who of this message board?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jakeman, Apr 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Tell us about yourself. Post a pic if you have one.

me:
    job: online support for vBulletin forum software.
    school: junior in college. Computer Science major.
    cromptars: see sig
    music: all kinds except rap and country cos they suck.
    fav movies: face off. true lies. swordfish. those sorts of movies.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  2. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Me:
    • 22 years old (as of June 1, 2003).
    • I work at Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza (cheeeeese!!).
    • I like The Cranberries, Metallica, Pillar, Project 86, Stavesacre, They Might Be Giants, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Weezer.
    • My favorite movies are the Star Wars movies, Boondock Saints, The Princess Bride, UHF, and The Matrix.
    • TV shows I like: Powerpuff Girls, Sheep in the Big City, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, All Star Trek except DS9, First Wave, Earth: Final Conflict, Highlander, and Monk.
    • I go through game addictions often. My all-time greatest game addiction, lasting 5 years and counting, is SoulCalibur (and all of the games in the series).
    • Macs Rock!! I've had an Apple computer since I was 2 years old (Apple IIe).
    • I have a 333MHz Lime iMac (rev. D) with 256MB RAM and a 40GB hard drive. I also have a G4 tower with a Radeon, a 19" Sylvania F912 monitor, 40GBs of hard drive space, and 384MB RAM.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2003
  3. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    Me:

15 years, 280 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes as of 8-26-00 7:26PM EST
    Unemployed
    Junior in Highschool
    Macs rock! My G4 owns. Even my PC friends comment on how fast it is.
    John Williams
    450MHz G4 with 256MB Ram
    My favorite movie is Empire Strikes Back

[​IMG] Die... Time to die... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

------------------
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of a fork.

[This message has been edited by Keeksy (edited 08-26-2000).]

4. Lars

Lars Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok, ok, don't let me have any privacy! [​IMG]
    Me here:

-15 years
    -have a G3 266mhz, (I think), 96MB RAM, 4MB VRAM, 24x CD-ROM, 56k modem, and I am proud of my ANCIENT Power Center, so don't laugh! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Unemployed *sigh* [​IMG]
    Love mac's. Used for 6-7 years.
    Going to grade 10 at Leo Hayes High School in Fredericton, New Bruinswick, Canada.
    Don't got a favorite movie.
    Don't like many bands, but I usually like soundtracks of movies, and games.

You want to see a pic of me, eh? Well, that's my privacy, and none of your ^&%@@^&*%!!! hehe! I am serious!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    You play, you ride, you have fun. 4x4 Evolution!

5. dagoremaster

dagoremaster Unregistered

Well im unregistered but i LOVE this site, especially Jakeman's old site... got a kick out of the Command and Conquer downloads there

14, 15 in a month. 5'9", sorry no pic.
    I own no less than Seven old macs-
    a powerbook 140(b&w)
    2 PB 180's (gray)
    An LCIII,
    A IIci jacked up to 66MHz with a 21" monitor
    a Performa 6115, 40M RAM
    a Performa 6290, 40M RAM

SUCKS DOESNT IT?!?!?!? [​IMG]
    Macs still rock, weve had a mac since they came out, my dad had a Mac 512Ke

I am a soph in Palos Verdes High, in Rolling Hills Estate CA, USA

Limp Bizkit, eminem, KoRn, Third Eye Blind KICK ASS [​IMG]

Creed, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears
    SUCK [​IMG]

Favorite movie? no less than SAVING PRIVATE RYAN\

Also unemployed

I am jealous of all you bastards who can actually get an up to date Mac. By the way, how many registered members do you really have?

6. Sacrilego

Sacrilego Peasant

Market Rating:
    name- giuliofc
    music- foo fighters, silverchair.... and anything that isn't teen sensation, gospel, or too heavy metal.age-17
    info about pic- the face is censored and will be posted in future... haha... suspense.. whatever
    ps- how the hell do i post a pic?

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well I guess I'm obligated to post...

grade 11
    John Williams (Yeah Keeksy) I've got every star wars orchastrael cd. Special edition, expensive, 2 cds for each movie.
    rap sucks, rock sucks, pop sucks, heavy metal sucks, anything except classical and orchastrael sucks, yes you might call be "uncool" but I couldn't care less since being "cool" appears to obligate you to be stupid, act like a moron, kill your senses, and do drugs.
    I've got 2 macs and a pc [​IMG]
    I don't shop at future shop since they're sad little twerps who don't know shit about computers, macs neither.
    [​IMG]
    Old picture, only one that I could find of me online, I had to cut it out of a larger picture. Ignore my appearance, it was from a trip summeting Mt.Baker.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

[This message has been edited by cowofwar (edited 09-16-2000).]

8. jjmb

jjmb Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hi to everyone

In this moment I dont have any picts to pots, but when i have one you see it.
    Im 28 years old, maybe the oldest one here i dont now for sure.
    Im from venezuela (latinamerica).
    Im a freelance grafic designer and illustrator.
    I starded to used mac like 6 years ago when i gradueted from the university, and all the grafic designer used mac and thas why i bouth it, but later i felt in love whit it, and right now i think im the only one here that used the Mac to play too.
    My first mac was a PowerMac 6100/66 and i still have it, right now i have a G4/400 whit 192mb RAM.
    Music? Im very heterogeneo i like Korn, Marilyn Manson, NIN, Pearl Jam, Chemical Brothers, Trichy, Radihead, Björk, Ska, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Blues, Regae, Salsa, Clasic music and go and go on i thing the only music i dont like is POP.
    Movies i prefer french movies and some other europians sorry.
    Games i love computer games i got almost divorsed when i play C&C every night, and now Ceasar III, StarCraft (Brood War), Unreal, and she is praing that i dont find D2.
    Well i thik that all, sorry about my english i try to improving, but im sure that my english is better that your spanih jajajajaja.

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Just saw this thread...

Here's mu info...

- School: Graduated Syracuse Univ in '90 w/ BFA
    - Married with 2 kids (boy - 9, girl - 3)
    - Hobbies: Computer games, motorcycles, science fiction/Fantasy books (Robert Jordan is the Creator), remodeling, getting my kids into comp. games, camping, hiking...
    - Lived all over...New York, New Jersey, California, Oregon, too many freaking places...
    - Music: Just about everything but hip hop/rap...Floyd, Metallica, Zepplin, Sabbath, Hootie, Counting Crows, Rush, Tubes, STP, ChiliPeppers, INXS, U2, Beetoven, Mozart, Bach, Tchaicovsky...even BackstreetBoys and Britney Spears...for the kids.
    - Fav Movies: Matrix, Star Wars Series, Conan, Terminator, American Pie
    - Have 2 Macs right now...a Pwercomputing 210 mhz 604E, and a Pismo Powerbook (400mhz G3). Still have my old IIvx in attic.
    - Work for McGraw-Hill Publishers as a Mac Artist / prepress quality assurance / Designer...jack of all trades on mac publishing...Quark, Ilustrator, Photoshop, Filemaker, FlightCheck, Office98, and others....

too much to do, too little time to do it...

Thats about it...

10. gekko

gekko Peasant

Market Rating:
    Me:

- 15 years old, 16 in April
    - Sophomore in High School
    - Unemployed due to my age. I want to work at Funcoland or Best Buy when i turn 16.
    - Video game freak, truly a freak
    - Been working on websites for around a year and a half, the current one covers Nintendo Gamecube.
    - Currently planning to attend E3 in May (for the gaming nuts)
    - PC user from age 4 - 14
    - Currently own 2 Macs, and 2 PCs (one runs Linux too)
    - Currently learning to program C, C++, and Java on my own
    - Hoping to attend DigiPen for college
    - My age has prevented me from possibly getting a job paying $60,000 a year working after school :mad:

Anything more and you can just ask.

11. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    - School: Graduated Okanagan University College, Diploma in Computer Information Systems in 1989.
    - Single
    - Hobbies: Computer games, Star Trek (I have a nearly complete set of the novels, missing one or two here and there), science fiction/fantasy books, Spaghetti Westerns (Sergio Leone, the Mexican Bandito westerns like Django, etc), OTR (when I have the time), Movies, the Borg.
    - Music: eclectic tastes, from Rob Zombie to Yes to U2 to Limp Bizkit, ZZtop, chant, etc.
    - Born In Saskatchewan, moved to Kelowna in 1970
    - Fav Movies: Matrix, Terminator, Field of Dreams, Phenomenon, Notting Hill, etc.
    - Have a mess of computers at the moment. a beige g3, a CX, IISi, 5 GSes, 3 Apple //e's, Three IBMS, etc.
    - Work for Broadband Collaborative Solutions as Webmaster and Jack of all trades. Have done everything from administering Unix and NT servers to setting up a Web CT Teleducation course. We're setting up a cross-Canada videoconferencing network backed by some of the major telecom people in Canada.

12. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    me

12 years old

Macs rule

I like the dead kennedies, the germs, blitz etc.

I got a 400mhz g4 320 mb ram 22" screen

I have green spiked hair (actual spikes not those little ones some of the preps have) incase any of you were wondering glue (elmers school glue) works best for hair spiking and yes it does wash out

I'll try and post a picture of me, in the meantime heres one of my dog

Attached Files:

13. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    hmmm, OK

me:

•33 Married 3 kids G10 B8 G3
    •Mask designer for, gasp, Intel :wtf:But not for long now... :edit: I have quit! i'm a student now (Pre Med/Pharmacy - not quite sure yet:) )
    •I have purchased nothing but Apple computers starting with an
    AppleII+ up to a G4 400 :edit: and an iBook 600 now. Intel gave me a PC last year before I quit. (P3 1 gig)
    •Music - Classical, Rock, whatever
    •Movies - Princess Bride, Star Wars, old Hitchcock flicks
    •I spent six 'wonderful' years in the US Navy in Submarines :barf:
    •My dog (over there <-- ) is a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, named Ch. Snowy Mountain's Kleinod Heuer, or Huey.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2002
  14. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, since this thread is alive again:

Graduated College: 1994 BS Biology
    Got my first Mac in 1990
    Married living in an old farm house in central Pa
    2 dogs: Cody, pure-breed Golden retreiver
    Country Princes Harley, pure-breed black lab
    2 cats: Mackenzie, oragne shorthair domestic
    George, black and white long hair domestic
    Webpage: http://users.supernet.com/jamesg1
    Born on Long Island
    Favorite movies are the Princes Bride, Shawshank, Matrix, Anime, Dave, American President, some others I forget about.
    2 computers, G4 mac 400, 520MB, 20 gig, 56K
    PIII 500, 128MB, 6 gig

That's it!

15. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Me
    •G4/400 Voodoo5 5500, 128 ram
    •I am God
    •Like KoRn, Mettalica, Local H, Alice in Chains, Incubus, Smashing Pumpkins, Snoop Doggy Dog, Blackstreet, Filter, Fuel, Live, Nirvana, No Doubt, Silver Chair, Seven Dust, Disturbed, Everclear, Sublime, Rob Zombie, Dave Mattews badn, Collective Soul, Deftones, Kotten Moth Kings, Beck, Aerosmith, Slipknot, Wheezer, Rage Aginst the machine :( , Stone Temple Piolts, Soul Choughing, Toadies, Buck Cherry, Zebra Head, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Hmm, thats about does it for my music taste, but i probably forgot something.

16. fury

fury Peasant

Market Rating:
    me:
    16 years old. (edit: 17 now)
    I repair PCs at home and on house calls.
    I am quasi-homeschooled right now. (edit: GED Honors now)
    I neither dislike nor like Macs, I've never used one long enough to form an opinion but I do have an Apple 2 GS and it kicks ass for the smokin' 2.8 mhz it churns out :p (edit: It bit the big one. Damn, I thought it was gonna last for the next 29,000 years too. :()
    I like Metallica, AC/DC, Queens of the Stone Age, a few other things, and theme music from DBZ :p
    I have an Athlon XP 1.53 gig, with 512mb of PC2700 memory, an old beat up Geforce2 GTS 64mb, and a failing IBM Deathstar 75gxp 60gb
    My favorite movies are Independence Day, the Matrix, Star Trek 8, and Star Wars 1

Last edited: Jan 4, 2003
  17. Zephor

Zephor Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am 15 i am a core gamer
    i have non nerd friends
    i play guitar
    i have a ps2
    i watch movies like any normal people.
    I play SPorts and i go outside :-)

18. powerhouse

powerhouse Peasant

Market Rating:
    me:

I'm 16 years old.

I'm a sophomore in HS.

Rap isn't music. Buy some Led Zeppelin.

My Box:
    Duron 750 @ 1 gig
    Asus A7V133
    Someday I will get a sound card...

Peace Out.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2001
  19. Peadur

Peadur Peasant

Market Rating:
    Back to the top....
    I'm Peter
    23 years old (8-11-77)
    3rd year medical student.
    Graduated with B.A. in Neuroscience from colorado college in 99.
    I'm prob the most irregular regular member. I'll be on the boards all the time and playing all out for a few weeks, then drop for a few months. That's med school for you.
    I've lived in Tx most all my life
    I listen to most all music. From classical to Godsmack. (no rap, regge, or polka. Dont like tejano either, but I do like salsa. Oh yea, no under age girl or little boy bands either ;) and then there's ...
    Movies: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Quidam (a cirque du soleil from amstradam), Devils advocate... errr... others
    Hobbies: Games, my dog, b-ball, tennis, working out stuff, working on my house, just hanging with friends.
    computer: iMac DV (tangerine) with 384MB ram and a VERY tight 10 g hard drive. I also have my powermac 7100/80 (750 mb hard drive, 24 mb ram) that dont go right now... I think it needs a new hard drive; it freezes every time I try to start up
    picture from 5-27-01
    p.s. we might want to delete a few posts... it's hard to wade through 6 pages just to get the scoop on 10 poeple.
    [added in: WOO HOO!!! STICKER FOR ME!! see next post]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2001
  20. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    good idea. you get a sticker! :p

whoa! It's weird seeing a picture of some one you know on a message board. I gotta post an updated pic. My current pic is like 3 years old. Gotta admit, it's a classic though. :D

[SIZE=+1]//edit on the rules[/SIZE]
    For those that go straight to the last unread post... i just edited in some rules in the first post in this thread:

"
    Since this thread has gotten so freakin long it was suggested by Sklithe that I delete the unrelated posts so this thread is more to its original point. So that is what I am doing. Let's keep any future posts to the point. thx! :)
    "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 53,813,469 since 1995