Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

What's your name and tell me about it.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by cowofwar, Jun 28, 2000.

1. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sparhawk comes from a fantasy book (I can't remember which at the moment). I just liked the character and used the name in D&D (a Looong time ago, like 15 years ago). I've also use another alias, on the easter server, a barbarian called Spineshifter.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparhawk:
    Spineshifter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch, bet that'd hurt.

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

3. Martyn Tallanvor

Martyn Tallanvor Peasant

Market Rating:
    Martyn Tallanvor is the name of a Guardsman-Lieutenant of the Queen's Guards who loves his queen more than life or honor.
    Go read the Weel Of Time books and you will understand!

I'm really a hopeless romantic!

4. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Olon was just the name I came up with for my mage character in Diablo I. I tagged on 97 to all my characters so I could be recognized with different characters (I'm thinking of using "-ns" since I can't use numbers now).

The barbarian version of Olon will be geared towards being a helpful sidekick. I plan to develop the warcry tree pretty thoroughly, and a few points in the "find item" skill will hopefully make item hunts more efficient for everyone.

I will probably play a paladin called Stuart at some point. Stuart goes way back to a character I had in a long running Rifts campaign (I don't remember the class - he was very fond his power armor though).

5. Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi Peasant

Market Rating:
    Greetings, I am Corpus Christi, meaning 'body of Christ' in Latin. So naturally, I am a Paladin. [​IMG]

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Something tells me that since you sent out an email to everyone this thread is just going to get longer and longer and longer...

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

7. Jade~Mist

Jade~Mist Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sparhawk - character from David Eddings Elenium series [​IMG]

Cool character [​IMG]

------------------
    Jade~Mist, Sister Sorceress

8. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    From the Encyclopaedia Mythica:

"The most famous hero of the great Persian Epic of the Kings, Sharname, by Firdaus (completed in 1010 CE/400 AH,). Rustam
    was the son of Zal who was born with gray hair and educated at the court of King Minuchihir. When the boy was ten years old, the
    white elephant of the shah broke loose, but Rustam hit the animal with a club so that it fell down dead. Later he caught and
    tamed the stallion Raksh, which stayed faithful to him ever after.

Then one day, his horse was stolen while he was sleeping in the wilderness. He followed the tracks and came upon a city where
    he was well received. During the night, the daughter of the king appeared to him and explained that she had stolen the horse
    because she wanted him as her husband. Rustam and the princess, Tamine, were married and when Rustam had gone back to
    his endless battles, his wife gave birth to a boy whom she called Sohrab. Later in his life, unknown to him, Rustam killed his own
    son.

Although not really dateable as a historic person, he died somewhere in the 6th century, perhaps by treachery. In his life he had
    served a succession of Persian monarchs: Kay Kobad, Kay Ka'us and Kay Khosrau. He also fought many mythical monsters such
    as the dragon and the White Demon."

You asked.

-Rustam

9. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Baseera on the board here is actually "Basheera" but it was misspelled when it transferred over. It sounded cool when I made my character up. I usually go by Salvator Mundi, Saviour of the World, but it was too long and I didn't want to let you all see my superiority complex. I may start a Necro with the name Salvator or Sal later on.

BTW - I wanted to make a sorcerer on D1 the other day with the name "EL Bammalf" but it was taken. What are the odds of that?

------------------
    Liberty to be inefficient and miserable. Freedom to be a round peg in a square hole.

10. Azrael

Azrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    Azrael: the angel of death.

11. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jade~Mist:
    Sparhawk - character from David Eddings Elenium series [​IMG]

Cool character [​IMG]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right! I've read SO many books, it's hard to remember. I keep thinking he was in one of the Forgotten Realms series, along with Raistlin, for some reason. [​IMG]

------------------
    I say we nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

12. Jade~Mist

Jade~Mist Peasant

Market Rating:
    hehe. Raistlin is DragonLance.
    It's ok, alot of books out there [​IMG] and I work at a book store [​IMG]

------------------
    "The magic is in the blood, it flows from the heart. Every time you use it, part of yourself goes with it. Only when you are prepared to give of yourself and receive nothing back will the magic work for you"

13. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    I had to think of something when I got my dsl service and I remembered an old comic strip called Chollie and flytrap. I think it was from Heavy Metal Magazine.
    That, and it wasn't already taken....sigh....so i kept it.

14. Blindeye

Blindeye Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was given my name by my brother because he would always be the warrior and I would accidently shoot him in the back during hard fought battles in the depths of the dungeon. He would always say, "Are you blind in one eye or what?" Hence the name Blindeye. FYI for members... I always contended it was not my fault that my brother was shot in the back by my arrows. He was in my way! ;&gt; ) Besides, I always ressurected him, if need be. And sometimes I did it on purpose. ;&gt; )

------------------
    There is no education like adversity and having to deal with it.

[This message has been edited by Blindeye (edited 07-08-2000).]

15. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    Chollie and Flytrap was a great strip! I think I first saw it in Heavy Metal, but A few may have been printed in epic as well. I still remember the sky-sled with the flying breasts.

Great comic!

-Rustam

16. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    Those were the days!

17. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    ogopogo-sorceress
    hehe, this is a lake monster in canada. I went there about a few years ago and thought the name was intersting and its been my name on the internet ever since. And if you read this name carefully you'll find it is the same when you read it backwards

18. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Original name was DroolingMoose- necromancer, names after my favorite beer, or one of my favorites beers. I had to change it to Moose because the former name is too long to add mac_ in front of it. Plus my wife claims that I am obsessed with Mooses. I don't believe her.

------------------
    They're big, they're furry, you gotta love them.

Hitometer: 53,552,794 since 1995