Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

What's your name and tell me about it.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by cowofwar, Jun 28, 2000.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok, useless thread. Explain your name.

Name 1: Cowofwar -Sorceress
    Well, I made it up. I was thinking of "manofwar" <--it's a ocean creature, but since I think cows are cooool I changed it to cowofwar.

Name 2: Dark_Skulker -Barbarian
    I blatenly ripped the name from the comic strip B.C. since it sounded cool. The original was "Midnight Skulker" but it's too long for Bnet and "Skulker" was taken, so I picked "Dark_Skulker". If you want to know what skulker means then look it up at http://www.dictionary.com

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

Yes, even I the great cowofwar makes mistakes.

[This message has been edited by cowofwar (edited 06-28-2000).]

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Jakeman - it's been my screen name ever since I stumbled onto this thing called the internet.

I got the name "Jakeman" from my dad when we used to play in these tourneys. Me, my dad, and my brother used to play a game called Delirium where we each tried to get the highest score. Of course, when it came time to put our names into the score list we all had to think of something cool. I kept saying that I was "the man" and I was the Delirium master. So my dad starting calling me Jakeman when we played this game, and that's what I would put in the score lists. [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

3. MjTom

MjTom Peasant

Market Rating:
    MjTom

MjTom is the person of a famous german song in the NDW, "neue deutsche Welle" or for the rest of us: "new german wave". I loved it when I was a kid. At high school I was playing in a band. And some day, everybody new I love this song, they called me Major Tom (MjTom) because I weared a barrett and a Raiders Jacket. From this day, MjTom was my nickname and I always use it on my computer as a pseudonym.

------------------
    - dream and you will live -

MjTom

4. Edward

Edward Unregistered

Major Tom... isn't that a Davie Bowie song? *shrug*

"Edward" refers to Edward III, military commander in England in the 1300s. He was the Prince of Wales (title given to the heir of the english throne) and wore black armor (or simply wore a lot of black) so he was dubbed "Black Prince" or "the black prince of wales".

He kicked a lot of continental ass and would likely have been as famous as Ghengis Khan or William the Conquerer had he not died of an infection at much too early an age.

Usually my character names are based on him in some way.

I also use Scipio some, referring to Scipio Africanus; a roman general who stomped a lot of north-african butt.

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Elbereth is the Star Queen of the elves in Tolkien. She seems to be almost a demi-god to them in that they invoke her name before attmpting many dangerous things - maybe for luck. They also seem to use it as a battle cry sometimes. My sig is part of a song about her.

Elbereth

------------------
    Gilthoniel! Oh Elbereth!
    Clear are thy eyes and bright thy breath!
    Snow-white! Snow-white! We sing to thee
    In a far land beyond the Sea.

[This message has been edited by Elbereth (edited 06-28-2000).]

6. Wonder_Bread

Wonder_Bread Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wonder_Bread or Wonder ├čread as it is sometimes known is from a lot of things. One because I used to eat white bread non-stop and that was the brand of choice. Second I go by that name in Myth 2. Also Wonder Bread was the first thing that I got using the love chariot. Notably the only food item ever to be placed in it. the rest was city stuff like traffic cones, those little flags on top of sign and I took a couple of road signs. [​IMG]

7. Jade~Mist

Jade~Mist Peasant

Market Rating:
    Jade~Mist the Sorceress -
    I've used this name for my character in Diablo and most of my screennames. It's a combination of my real name and a color. I started using the combination names for characters so others would recognize my various names. Misty is my real name. Other names I used are Amber~Mist, Obsidian~Mist and Azure~Mist. Jade was always my favorite.

Cattie'Brie for my Amazon is based on an AD&D character in R.A. Salvatore books. I always liked her because she's just a cool character.

------------------
    Jade~Mist, Sister Sorceress

8. Xenos

Xenos Peasant

Market Rating:
    Xenos is the name of a Paladin I have been playing in AD&D for about 10 years now. His full name is Xenos Lightwar, but that would seem too long for a username.

9. CravenMoorehead

CravenMoorehead Peasant

Market Rating:
    I believe my name is pretty self-explanatory. I just hope I don't offend anyone (although after reading some of the other posts, I doubt that's possible!). My next character will be a Sorceress named Jocelyn Demnutz. Hehehehe

10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Hey! I just got it! "CravenMooreHead". ROFL! [​IMG]

(join the club)

------------------
    lamo mac boy

11. MacPhoenix

MacPhoenix Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ive used 'MacPhoenix' as my tag since I was 12...originally it was Mack...but I worked for a news site that crumbled and when I returned to the scene a year later I then changed it to MacPhoenix (the phoenix is a mystical bird that rises from its own ashes when killed), and the Mac part is hopefully self explanitory...kinda weird working in a news world where youre the only posting Mac only news. Thank God for emulation.

12. Paganor

Paganor Peasant

Market Rating:
    well its just a nick
    pagan cause i don't believe in god
    or means gold in french and its part of my other nick

13. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    My name is from a minotaur in the Dragonlance books. He helped united his race and defeated an overwheming enemy force [​IMG]

------------------
    A minotaur is NOT to be provoked.

14. Edward

Edward Unregistered

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    pagan cause i don't believe in god
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just thought I'd point out that "pagans" is a christian term placed upon those who don't necessarily believe in the christian god. But these "pagans" most often believed some other god or gods. If you want to show you lack of a soul more accurately, call yourself Atheor. Or, if you are simply unsure, go for Agnostor or Agnor.

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    lack of a soul? I never understood the soul thing myself. I'm not religious at all. People ask me what religion I am and I say I'm nothing. So they say, "then you must be athiest or agnostic or something right?" They just can't understand that I'm nothing. The concept of a soul is just weird to me. It seems far to convenient to become immortal after death. People ask me what I think happens when you die. I just think you die, that's it... period. You cease to exist.

but, that's must me.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

16. Jade~Mist

Jade~Mist Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oh no, a religious debate [​IMG]
    I believe in God but not necessarily religion. I don't believe religion should dictate how you believe or how to worship God. I think just having faith is enough, and following what that faith tells you.

------------------

17. Jade~Mist

Jade~Mist Peasant

Market Rating:
    BTW, thats just my belief. I don't expect others to agree and I don't tell other's they should believe that. Everyone has a right to their own beliefs. Just wanted to say that, didn't want anyone to take it as "preaching". [​IMG]

------------------

18. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hannibal-Carthaginian general, who in 218 BC crossed the alps with an army of 45,000 men and 45 elephants. He invaded Italy and almost destroyed the Roman empire, however in 202BC the roman gereral Scipo Africanus invaded north africa and thretened Carthage, hannibal was recalled and was defeted at Zama, thus ended the 2nd Punic and this made Rome the major power in the Medditerian area. Hannibal is connsidered one of the greatest generals of all time, mostly because of his alpine crossing and his victory at the battle of Cannae, where his army of 34,000 surrounded and slaughtered a roman army of 86,000.........damn i know my history

19. Edward

Edward Unregistered

A religious debate was not my intent, just pointing out that Pagans are not necessarily godless. I hate to see the poor wiccans misrepresented.

------------------
    Edward, the Black Prince

20. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    that's cool, I actually shouldn't have expressed my religious views either. Religious debates always tend to hit a few nerves with people you didn't intend to offend. sorry. [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

Hitometer: 53,851,001 since 1995