Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

What's wrong with warriors?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by charlybrown, Feb 15, 2005.

1. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Guys, there's only 1 warrior in our guild, and they are suppose to be main tank right? is the pallies replacing them or are they just too boring to play? or both?

Warrior priests warlocks, I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on their obsolicity.

2. ProXie

ProXie Peasant

Market Rating:
    I play a warrior for a few levels, Its not nearly as fun as playing a mage in my opinion. I have read that priests are healers, I don't want to be stuck healing everyone :(.

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Pallies are better tanker than Warriors I think. Pallies can cast Blessing of Salvation and Blessing of Protection which makes them better (besides they're a secondary healer if need be). BoS reduces threat so I can cast that on a mage higher in lvl than myself and the mob would ignore the mage and concentrate on me. BoP can be casted on anyone and it gives 8 secs of being invulnerable to physical attacks. This gives enough time for 2 major healing spells or 4 regular healing spells. Besides, there's nothing a Warrior can wear that a Pally can't except for Warrior only items.

Priests are great at healing but they also got some really good dmg spells. It's just that they're like mage except more concentrated on keeping alive instead of dmg dealing.

Warlocks are good also but they're a cross between a hunter and a mage. Probably the best ability the warlock has is to make portals anywhere so that party members can gather easily. For instance: The group is in IF and you're doing quests in Mauradon (Desolace map). If the warlock is already in Mauradon, he can cast a portal so that the group will instantly transport there instead of having to wait for the group to fly to Menethil, then ship to Theramore, then fly to Desolace and then having to run to Mauradon. Warlocks also have good dmg spells like meteor and besides they get a pet to help them out.

I think the best party should consist of a mage, a warlock, and a pally. They pally can tank and heal himself while BoS is casted on both the warlock and the mage and they can Meteor + Blizzard/Explosion/Flame Stike (any AoE spells) on a big group. The warlock would be the take the group to the place and the mage can make a portal to IF/SW/Darnassas after finishing.

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Warriors are supposed to be like a Good Damage Paladin that can't heal. However they are bugged right now in that they don't get Rage (what they use to perform special attacks etc) from things that they are supposed to, such as Misses, Parries, Blocks, etc.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Warriors suck right now. I have heard of a video that shows a naked Paladin defeating a fully armed Warrior of the same level.

6. ProXie

ProXie Peasant

Market Rating:
    That sucks. Its kind of frustrating to see things like that in my opinion. I hate the thought of one race being that much better than another.

I wish Blizzard would so something about this. I read around the World of Warcraft forums and I see 15 page threads complaining about how a race needs to be uped/nerfed and Blizzard doesn't respond :(. I wonder if they actually consider it?

7. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'm sure they do, but Blizzard is trying to apply their old philosophy of one large-scoped patch every few months - which is going to fail miserably at a MMO game. They should have a patch come out each week fixing one or two issues each time.

8. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Fair enough, I personally tried a warrior, doesn't seem that damaging, I mean, I'm doing pretty much the same damage with a rogue and since rogues are faster, misses don't really matter, but you can't do anything with a warrior when your hp goes down and you just don't have enough time to finish off the enemy because he keeps missing.

On top of that, the skills aren't that wonderful, so far, it's just like add 10 dmg to your next strike, that's less than the rugue can do with sinister and critical...

if you get 3 mob, you're dead, I can manage living better with my priest than this warrior, it's really weird. the most deceiving part is that hp doesn't increase that much, just a bit more than rogue...

concerning repatching, there is a priest feedback post on the priest forum, seems like all the same comment, make this better, make that better, bring back the older version of the skills, as it stands now, I'm nailing a tauren warrior of the same level with my priest, sad.

9. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Don't forget about soulstones.

If I can ever get my damn new computer, I'll be making a warlock. But you guys will probably have like 3 by the time I ever get over having to pay all the other bills first, so, whatever.

10. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    One skill I bow to the awesomeness of Warriors about is Retaliation. That skill just makes me so happy that I wish I had it on my Rogue :cry:

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Warriors could be fixed with just one change... make it so taunt works on player characters.

12. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Warriors are meant to be meat. They take the hits. Damage is okay though and I find it hard to believe a naked paladin could beat a fully armored warrior. The are not supposed to be damage dealers. So with this in mind; no taunt means they are not as useful as they could be.

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    You have to consider that paladins have Holy Light + Flash of Light and when you don't have mana, you can use Lay on Hands (no mana required whatsoever) to fully heal + give yourself 250 mana back. Paladins also have Divine Shield and Blessing of Protection which give 8 secs invulnerability from melee (8 sec from all dmg with Shield) and they can boost their attack power with a few spells. All they got to do is keep bashing away and healing themselves so a naked pally taking an armored warrior isn't hard to believe.

14. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I guess, I would have to see it to beleive it. Anyways..........NERF PALLYS!
    lol.

15. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    charly, IM me if you want some warrior insight. i have little trouble in 1v1 vs any class, but i usually fight 1v2 or 1v3 since the horde is so outnumbered. IMO there is nothing wrong with warriors.

on the naked paladin vs warrior video:
    if you can find it, watch it. the warrior absolutely sucks. he basically just right-clicked the paladin, and this was before the seal of the crusader fix also, where it increased attack power instead of reducing it like intended.

Jakeman likes this.
  16. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Auto, what server are you on? I want to make a Horde alt and I want to play on a PvP server too.

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Wait for battlegrounds.

18. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    mannoroth, i'll be making an alliance alt on hyjal around spring break

19. ProXie

ProXie Peasant

Market Rating:
    I made a undead/rogue alt on Stormreaver.

20. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I don't mind alt characters on other servers, but let's not use this forum to organize on those other servers. A small clan like ours does not need that kind of split attention. It is important that all public organizing efforts be for our chosen server and faction to avoid confusion and separation.

Use private channels please.

Hitometer: 53,597,506 since 1995