Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

What now?--mf help

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Wran, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    OK, here's my situation. I have:

1.lvl 77 orb/hydra sorc ~200 mf
    2.lvl 75 freeze bowazon
    3.lvl 74 holy shock paladin
    4.lvl 70 concentrate barb
    5.lvl 66 bone necro

I'm kinda thinking about what's next. Ideally I would like a character that can magic find in hell, but none of my characters have enough uber stuff to survive and attack in hell all that well.

My sorc is probably the best with mask/orb/belt of tal's and upgraded chances, 32% vipermagi + um, rhymed luna.

She can do solo pit runs, but I got bored doing that because she can't level up anymore doing that very effectively.

My bowazon has the easiest time killing nm mephisto, but she has no mf. She can probably do nm diablo too, and that could be lucrative, but again, no mf.

My pally is not bad, and once he finds a good rhymable resist shield, he can probably survive overall much better. He can do hell countess runs right now, and it's not too bad (countess dropped some good stuff for me, magic items and runes).

I may want to make another pally for fun, but I'm not really interested in hammerdins...

So, should I just suck it up and do more pit runs with my sorc or cruise through nm and do more mephisto/diablo runs, sometimes with less mf?

Any advice is appreciated...

Wran

2. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've found you really need to get to about 80 in order to survive hell.

My sorc didn't do so well, my java zon was fine, light immunes slowed me down. My bowa does good, but she can't do Baal, she can clear the minions easily enough, but Baal himself is a royal pain.

My hammerdin is my mfer. Like him or not, he can take any monster down, and quickly. He's got tons of life, easily wears mf gear, has tons of damage and can solo Hell Baal fairly easily.

He's my main item runner now. My other chars are are to play with other people, but by far my hammerdin has the best chance of mfing.

My java zon was my first ladder char and did find me some good stuff in the Pit and I worked my way up from there.

3. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    The way i see it your in a catch 22 situation. You can't play in hell effectively enough to MF but you don't have enough good gear to play in hell.

To get the gear you need you HAVE to play in hell. I talked to Jedsia a little about this and we both agree you need to get your characters in the mid 80's. That way your strong enough to survive. Then you can start MF'ing.

The good news is both of us have good characters that can help anybody who wants it. Another option is trading on diablo ii.net. Jedsia has had goof success there and might be able to give you a few pointers.

I'll be on throughout the weedend. jesse_us and jesse_us10 are my accounts. I'm getting bored of baal runs only (hammerdin pali is lvl 89).

4. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, my sorc is level 80 now. I have 50 unused stat points. My fire mastery/hydra is maxed and my cold orb/cold mastery is maxed. I don't know where to put additional points...

Any help is appreciated. She is having some trouble in act 4 hell, so if you can help her get into act 5, then the resist anya scroll would be a big benefit I'm sure...

Thanks,
    Wran

5. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    50 unused stat points, LIFE sould be high. Str and dex should be just enough to use to gear you'll end up with. energy should be up there but with equipment you'll be refreshing quickly. If you have extra points put them to life, you'll need it doing baal runs thats for sure.

6. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'd like to start a magic find character soon... and uhhh... id like to know if these items work:
    Tarnhelm
    Skullder's Ire
    Chance Guards
    Goldwrap
    War Traveler
    2x Nagelring
    I dont know an amulet yet(any ideas?)
    Ali Baba
    Rhyme

i plan on placing them on a hammerdin... is this a good idea or not? if it is, and you have any doubles of these items willing to give them away, please let me know.

Thanx,
    Plasma

Hitometer: 53,590,319 since 1995