Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

What a crock

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cowofwar, Sep 5, 2002.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/803844.asp?pne=msn

Patriot Day eh? Well in celebration of those who died I think I'll ignore the moment of silence by sleeping in late and then finish up my patriotic duties with some lazy masturbation.

Watch the holiday be turned into some retarded capitalistic day of shopping and gift giving just like every other one.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2002
  2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    WHY MUST MY NEWSPAPER BY CHOCKED FULL OF ****ING SEPTEMBER 11 GARBAGE EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST DAMN MONTH?!?!?!?!

That is NOT news. I don't care about it. Give me NEWS. Damn journalists can't write crap, where's their inspiration to write a good article?

3. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    move to Toronto and watch some anti-americanism films at our world-renowned film festival.

4. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    This thread angers me immensely. You are showing your immaturity and complete lack of sensitivity to anyone but yourself.

btw:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2002
  5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Why? Because I'm sincere about not caring instead of pretending that I care when I actually do not? Doesn't hypocrisy offend more than truth?

Why should I care about less than ten thousand americans dying? Do you know how many africans die in a month? Does anyone care about them? If you claim yourself to be a better person than me because you claim to have sympathy for the survivors and the victims when you do not care about the death of millions of other innocent children around the world then that is truly horrible.

Either care about no one, or care about everyone. To favor one group of people because happen to live in the same country as you is worse than caring about no one.

And why should I care about their deaths? Did they ever do anything for me? Does anyone do anything for me to warrant my empathy? No. They wouldn't care if I died, so I'll return the favor.

There was absolutely nothing patriotic about this event. How did it inspire pride to be american? It doesn't. All that resulted was a bunch of forgotten flags out in the cupboard. True pride isn't a fad, you always have it and you show it all through your life. To pick up a flag and wave it around for a month until people stop caring about the event isn't pride, it's the complete opposite. It trivializes the whole event, it's disrespectful towards the nation.

The only reason why this holiday was created was an attempt to secure Bush's job and appease the bleeding hearts who cry for justice to be done against an anonymous group and keep prime real estate barren with no return to society.

It's a joke.

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    And there's absolutely nothing heroic about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were all victims of circumstance, that is all, not heros, not martyrs, just victims

Oh, and if you plan on celebrating Patriot Day you better damn sure celebrate Remembrance Day (memorial day) ten times more enthusiastically because the dead soldiers from all the past wars deserve it a hell of a lot more than a bunch of office workers who were just in the wrong place at the wrong and who hadn't willingly gone to their deaths to protect the nation.

7. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    how about this? If you can't say anything nice, stfu.

8. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    :rofl:

I think the irony is pretty self-evident.

No one said you had to agree with my opinion. Although I guess my opinion is inciting hate so I'm in the wrong, but then again bad journalism is also opinionated and it incites my hatred as well.

If you have such a problem with my opinion then please post your problems and point out the faults in my argument. Convince me to change my opinion. Posting a response that bad parents use on their two year olds is just as bad as my "horrible" post.

9. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    was this thread in a public forum before? did it get moved? what's wrong with it?

patriot day? *gag* lol

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oh and sorry if my outlook on life offends you, but that's what happens when you've been ostracized for pretty much all your life.

12. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Its free speech... nothing wrong with it...

13. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I agree with Cow. As shocking and sad as it was for those people to die, they are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to acts of terrorism, etc... worldwide. For Bush or anyone else to make a holiday for this makes it seem like they're just trying to garner votes or that they happen to be so weak that they need a day of rememberance for every sad event to come along. The best revenge against the terrorists would be to act as if nothing happened and carry on with your lives, then their attack would have no meaning. My appologies if anyone who has lost somebody in the attack is upset by this but what Cow has said is true, people die all over the place and we can't stop our lives for every massacre around, we'd all be as good as dead then too, since we'd never do anything but mourn. They had their time of mourning, lets get on with our lives now and allow the families and friends of the victims to mourn without turning Sept. 11th into some national holiday.

Then again... The Japanese remember the a-bombing of their people every year, why not?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2002
  14. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    Good points, quite frankly, i am sick of seeing so many American flags falsely beared. I mean, "yay for americans" but still, so many people bought flags because they were obligated to. it makes an almost false aura of patriotism in so many places. I believe it was posted somewhere else, but pre-Sept.11 had feelings of disgust with the government. Then for a week after September 11th, the feeling of disgust gave way for a feeling of love for the gov't. Now, it's back to the old "Bush sucks!" "Congress is dumb!" that it has been for so long.

15. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    I can safely say that in my town, where the george bush library is, I have yet to see a god damn suv without an american sticker in the back. Lol
    Cow, You took the letters right off of my keyboard....uh...um...or something like that. 1. 9/11 was a massive blow to corporate america, the world trade center was capitalisms ****ing incubator, I mean christ, a noticeable % drained from the economy after 1 building went boom, silly americans, always putting too many chicks in 1 chickhouse, and then when a fox comes along and wipes them all out, they say "oh my god! I never thought something like that could happen to us!" blech, makes me sick.

2. You who defend this countries actions, step out of your ****ing pennylofers and be impartial for one ****ing moment, Think what Arhmin ghoula, a elderly woman, with 3 children and 11 grandchildren, thinks each day when a U.S. sent bomb kills her family? You have no justification in acting against them.

3. You say oh well, we did it when the japanese attacked pearl harbor, when we nuked the **** out of hiroshima and nagasaki. Ok, you figure we killed how many? a little more than 300,000 with both bombs? Look at america, what % of you are under the age of 12 and have no real opinion or hatred towards any country,
    1/3? 1/4? at least. So theoretically speaking we killed a little more than 75,000 children, how can you justify that? You need to think a little more before letting the waves of patriotism dig it's spiny fingers into your neck.
    Btw, cow. I am currently going back to college to get a masters in journalism com. so you can rest assured that I will not be a bleeding heart liberal and a megaphone for the millions, but us few, who can see the light america has set out for herself.

16. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    *me, looks out my window for men in black sport coats, Cheap ray bans and loads my shotgun. Bring it!

17. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Well, if we hadn't have bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the war would have raged on for years and many many more people would have died... Besides that had a purpose of ending a war whereas the terrorists are just trying to scare people...

18. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm not debating the a-bombing of Japan, I am just saying that if they can mourn something that happened 57 or so years ago, I guess people can mourn something that happened one year ago. Even though it was far less devastating.

19. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Hell... I celebrate my birthday on that day... not my fault though :p

20. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I agree with cow, he has many valid points. One thing I must say is that I don´t think patriotism is something good.

In my school we had 3 silent minutes to honor the victims, and even though many more people in afghanistan was killed we didn´t honor them.
    But my school have a history of handling difficult things in the wrong way.
    I student killed himself and school just shut up, noone said a word. I think most people didn´t even know.

Hitometer: 53,937,124 since 1995