Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Welcome to the x-pac

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Moose, Jun 20, 2001.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    BWAH AH HAH AH H

suckit

2. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    What was your lance durability before? I thought they were always 25.

My axe's durability didn't drop, but the rate at which it loses durability did increase. After killing the 5 flesh beasts outside of Kurast the duribility on a freshly repaired axe dropped by 3 to 47 out of 50. That might need a little tweaking.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, my lance was always 25 too.

BTW, I don't know about all the other silly lancers, but my silly lancer got housed in a solo hell game, Act 2. WW does practically nothing now, and I was suffering one or two hit kills from zombies in the Ancient Tunnels, even with Battle Orders on. They'd hit me mid-WW and down I'd go. And this was in a SOLO game. I was actually somewhat amused, because if my experience is any indication, the real lancers must be going nuts right about now. He's not my favorite character anyway, but he was good for mindless fun. I have always been critical of lancers, but I must admit that playing him was a guilty pleasure sometimes. I may try him in other areas and see how he does, maybe the Tunnels were not the best place for a trial run.

Anyway, I am anxious to bust out my dagger Necro and see how he fares with the boosted poison skills. Oh, and did you notice that the sets are getting partial bonuses now? I thought CD2 sets weren't eligible for that, although I guess they could still disappear on conversion.

4. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    My frozen obr damage went from 146-15? to 195-205. My lvl 1 frie wall now does 213-230 damage. With no fire mastery.

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    My level 45 sorc rocks. She's got chain lightning, nova, frost nova, firewall, meteor, thunderstorm. The works. She kicks sooo much ass. :D

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, I have a lvl 20 Sorcy that I have been going with the balanced approach as well. I haven't dusted her off yet for 1.08, maybe tomorrow night.

7. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Lurk,

I tries my lance barb last night (clvl 75) and I had to make some changes to make it work. First thing i did was scrap the iceblink. That is the most worthless piece of armour in the game now. It appears to not freeze anything anytime. I took off my lance and was weilding my fists. So off I went to hit a few things. Well after about 20 punches nothing froze. I laughed and though "maybe it won't work with fists". So off I went to buy a cheap dagger. Still nothing. So it is crap. I put on some rare embossed plate (only 5XX def) and went to hell/act3 flayer. I had no trouble there with killing things. I had to keep battle orders on and make sure that i never let it run out. I was hitting very often, though the 339-11xx damage I could do didn't seem to really happen. My lance has +6-9 cold damage on it so I did chill some stuff if it wasn't immune to cold (which was the theme last night).

He seems to be viable, maybe. My bowazons are both dead. It seems that the lvl 33 one may be salvageable, but the the clvl 59 and 66 may be dead in the water. We will have to see about them. The triple immunes are just not right. I had a physical, cold, and fire immune last night in the ROF. I explained it in one of the other posts but will say again that it is impossible to kill on e of them, eve in a party of 4 (2 zons, barb, pali). Where was the sorceress when you need her the most?

Moose

BTW, my necro is one bad ass. I put a point in the skel mastery, skel and skel mage and have been using poison nova, lower resist, and mages like nuts. It may be working. Not sure. I haven't been dieing. I am dropping the eyeless and will switch to a 3D shield the next time I play. Elemental damage seems to hurt a lot more than it did before.

8. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I forgot to say that the first point i put into each of those skills is actually 7 since I have that + stuff on.

9. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think I will clear 1000 posts today! I am at 994 right now.

10. Peadur

Peadur Peasant

Market Rating:
    so riddle me this, ye wise people. Now that you cant gamble for uniques anymore, what is gold for??? You cant revive your helpers (until x-pac) and you cant gamble with it (sure, if you want a rare non-exceptional... I'm assuming that you still cant get an exceptional) and though you should end up getting less gold since they lowered the value of weapons with + to individual skills (so no more 20+ k for wands, staffs, and scepters) but it seems youll still end up with heaps of it, and nothing to do.

11. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    And gambling for dual leech will be gone too...

12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's for reviving dead mercenaries of couse. ;)

13. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I believe that they will be tying the gambling of exceptionals to your clvl. IF you are high enough you will be able to. It will also cost you a boatload to do so, but you can.

14. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Im finding items more often now too.

15. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    repairing your weapons.
    it cost me 18K to repair my axe last night when it dropped to 10/50 dur.

I wasn't finding anything worthwhile in games yesterday. Tons of cracked and damaged items in hell diff, magic items mostly came from chests, one set item that I accidently sold...

one odd side effect that I mentioned to Auto last night.
    Every public game I was in had people bitching about money and not being able to get any. The people complaining always came to the same conclusion, that they would have to resort to killing other players to get cash.

Seems as though this is not good news for the people who are annoyed by PKing.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2001
  16. Muskie

Muskie Peasant

Market Rating:
    Played with Mac_Lust

She wasn't so hot before the patch. I used a massive lance with jab a fair amount. I've switched to my original goal of Superior Harpoon and a shield. Jab now hits at the weapon speed and Massive Lances are slow...

Killed diablo in Nightmare for the first time with her. Hell level is tough, Nightmare was no cake walk but there were a bunch of us. My character is the original one I started when the clan started so it is far from optimal. I like that the game is harder, uniques and rares are rarer. Things I've found way more of are gems and rejuvination potions.

I have like my entire stash of perfect gems. Mind you I've been collecting for awhile, now I just have to find some stuff to stick them in... I'm waiting until the expansion, maybe my patience will pay off. I did waste some of the on a spear and some formula that a clan member told me that was WRONG, but I wasn't upset.

I gotta take it slow and examine more items, usually I just pick up gems, rings, ammies, and yellow/bronze stuff. Now I got to look at light grey contraptions. I'll probably play again tonight on US_West.

Muskie

Fend is better and I put some points into the throwing skills but I'm all over the map with them, is there a consensus on which is the best throwing skill for an Amazon. I have a fair amount of points in critical strick, evade/dodge, and Valkerie, my skill points are all over, but I put most of my attributes into Dex and Str with some Vitality and maybe a tiny bit of energy.

I need better gloves and belt but my defence is quite high, could use some more resistance to one or two things may go to the 3d shield, I had one once but switch to the unique I found, I think it is unique it looks cool...

17. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well, I think we will have to start being a lot less choosy in what we consider "worthwhile." It's a bit of a pain in the ass to junk collect, but it's not that big a deal. Any high-end normal armors sell for a couple thou, exeptionals even more. I'm talking without any magical attributes at all. I sold a sallet (exceptional skull cap) last night for 7K or so. It doesn't seem like much when you are used to selling grim wands for 25K, but do it enough times and it starts to add up. And since it seems more gems are dropping now, don't forget you can always sell those. Perfect gems sell for 10K I think. I think perfect skulls sell for 20K, but of course you wouldn't sell those.

Also, I don't know what Act you were in, but it seems like Acts 1 and 2 always drop mostly crap, regardless of difficulty. If you need some quick cash drop back to NM and do some Act 4 runs.

As far as the PK issue goes, well, I'm getting used to dealing with buttheads, and I know most of their tricks. They have to find me to kill me, and even then they may get more than they bargained for. I will be happy to fill my own coffers with the gold of jerk PKers. (Although I still think the PK situation is a huge failing on Blizzard's part, but we've been over that already.)

18. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I found my first gothic bow today with 5 sockets :D

19. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    :eek:

--Haite

20. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Found it in hell act 1 with my level 49 sorc.

Hitometer: 53,595,171 since 1995