Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

warriors say i'm a bad mage

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, May 2, 2007.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=100501072&sid=1

Let's try this one here. I can't post anything on the WoW forums without getting personally attacked and misunderstood.

Does anyone else here have a similar problem with warriors?

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    well, I don't get invited too often to groups, but I would imagine that your front line characters are supposed to be that... front line. The main people I play with act in that way,

Keep them up front where they setup to do battle while your ranged and caster attackers can keep back and protected, while acting as they are supposed to (sheep, heal, dot, etc...)

3. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Personally, I would rather see the mage and warrior on the front and all the other members behind. The mage pulls using his sheep and then falls back to the rest of the group. The warrior then does his thunder clap to pull aggro of all the mobs (this can only be done if the sheeping is done early). The only reason to retreat would be if the guys fear and in that case, the warrior should pull, and retreat back to the mage who sheeps and then retreats back to the rest of the group.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I don't like that strategy. I have had some warriors who charge and hold so I don't have to sheep and move, and it goes so much smoother. When everyone is running backwards it is much easier for things to go wrong. It's hard to regain control when the pull gets strung out like that, especially considering that everyone is less effective when they are moving.

Need to pull back to avoid pats or fear? Fine. Pull back to within sheeping range, but not on top of people like me. It's one thing when I am too close to begin with, but often times that is not the problem.

Some tanks prefer me to sheep while they run in order to separate the sheep from the rest of the mobs. If that is your goal then it is better that the mage do a sheep pull instead of a pull sheep.

My personal favorite is warrior pull + TC + sheep. Then don't TC again. You just need one TC to give the mage / hunter / warlock enough time to apply their CC, a job that is much easier when we have range and a tank between us and the mobs. If the CC breaks then you still have your TC agro on my sheep so I can easily resheep without it running after me. The tank has the option of moving a bit after CC is applied to avoid accidental breaks. This strategy keeps all of the mobs in a sticky little group at a comfortable distance, very controlled.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    /shrug... I've never noticed a problem with this. Not sure how you are getting aggro on the non-CC mobs when the warrior runs past you. You shouldn't be.

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Cleave is the common one, or any type of AOE. An ability like this can one shot me in heroic. It doesn't require agro.

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Ahh yes I could see how that would be a problem.

Hitometer: 53,594,662 since 1995