Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Warhammer Online Models

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Mentosman24, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Couple short clips I found of movement models in Warhammer Online :drool:

Here

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    not bad. that won't have a mac version though right?

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Definitely not. Games Workshop is a British company, and there's probably 2 people in the whole country that own Macs.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Will there be a 40k version?

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    no, only 1 cos you left ;)

6. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hmm, I'm browsing the forums for Warhammer Online, and there are a few sketchy concepts that might draw me away from the game...

Profession-based Character system...for example once you're dong being an alcmenist, you might go on to be a druid, then a healer, etc.

Everyone is talking about Role-playing servers...I refuse to play in any sort of RP server where everyone is talking like it's England 700 years ago and every time I want to say something normal, I have to say "OOC:" first.

Lots of arguments already, not a very friendly community, half of which seems PK happy.

/edit: And no, there is no Mac support because, and I quote:
    "Get a proper computer, or at least an emulator"

/edit: Another edit, because I got an answer to my post there: Looks like there are no levels whatsoever, just your individual skills raise as you use them. The more you swing with your sword, the better you get. FEH. And another confirmation, more polite this time, that there will be no Mac compatibility. One admin was kind enough to inform me that "Check the warrior companies forum, there's a load of Guilds already, some good, mostly... well, not." Looks like "WO" as they're callin it, is not for me.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2002
  7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i used to play a game called Dungeon Master on my old Apple IIgs. i got my "warrior mastery" or whatever to journyman level by attacking a wall for 8 hours. :yeah:

8. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    IIRC, this was a problem in Ultima Online since people would make macros and have their character spend hours doing one thing over and over again. I may be wrong but that is what I recall hearing.

9. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    WArhammer... I thought that was a miniatures tabletop game, what is this talk about roleplaying and all that rot? are they just using the warhammer name to sell copies or do you get to command armies as in... well, warhammer?

10. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    The original game was Warhammer made my Games Workshop.

Hogshead Publishing produced a Paper & Dice RPG called Warhammer Fantasy RPG.

The MMORPG is not a whole army, rather just one person you control like in other online games like this. They are using the Warhammer storyline with the Warhammer Fantasy RPG Career-Based leveling system which was complete crap (I played the RPG before, complete boredom except when I killed the dog my friend trained :D)

They're taking an ehh storyline and combining it with a really bad RPG idea...wow :noid:

Hitometer: 53,586,560 since 1995