Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Warcraft III Delayed

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Sparhawk, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    I read somewhere where they said Warcraft III wouldn't be out until 2003. Don't remember where I saw it...

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Big surprise, I would've never guessed :rolleyes:

Starcraft 2 will be made after warcraft III. If it isn't, Blizzard is ****ed up! Starcraft was so damn successful it would be a poor marketing decision to kill the saga.

3. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's a good thing they delay their stuffs, it makes the game more interesting and makes us more interested to the game. Take an example or games release on due date, non have succeeded to last as long as SC or D... Taking time to make things better is better than rushing and make them bad. Dont' think that those game creator are so disciplined, they procastinate as much as students with their homework, if they have to rush for a due date, than it's going to be like "most of the work packed up 3 months before release". That's not good, that makes the game bad...simple,!

4. angus_prune

angus_prune Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I saw someplace it'll be released early next year.Blizzard like there games to be right from the start,unlike say Baldurs gate where we had to wait for the multiplayer version.

5. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    we're talking about Blizzard here right? :confused:

Liking to wait to get "quality" products out the door? The delay for SC was so intolerably long that there are several people who just said "Screw it, I'm not going to buy the product if it does ever come out."
    Conversely, LOD was rushed out the door before it was totally finished, as was D2.

and "quality" isn't exactly the word that comes to mind when I think of Blizzard. The Warcraft series is packed with strats that break the game (grunt rush anyone?), The Diablo series is jammed with glitches and bugs, I cannot say anything about Starcraft because I am one of the people boycotting the product due to intolerable delays in production.

The wait for BG multiplayer was unfortunate. The huge difference between BG and stuff from Blizz is that the folks porting BG asked the gaming population (via a petition or something similar) if they should release the game as single player and update it with the MP patch or if they should just wait to release it with MP functionality. The gaming population said "Single player please, we can't wait." We had to wait a little longer than everyone expected, but at least they asked.

When was the last time Blizzard asked the general mac gaming population about release details on their games?

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    We complain, yet we buy their products anyway. Think the discs are tainted with angel dust or something :D?

--Haite

7. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    There is a major difference between SCBW/warcraft VS D2 D2X

The fact that RTS games doesn't require much cheating makes blizzard's task a lot easier.

on the other hand, D2X can be exploit from so many different angle that, it is nearly fixable....

8. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    RTS?! SC&WC?!

as I said before, I cannot really talk about SC, but WC was all about formulas. I guess someone originally came up with the "strategy," but every game I played in my opponent _always_ played the same, did the same thing. Build X peons, build Y buildings, build Z units and the person who can click on the right spots the fastest wins (unless there is a serious difference in computer speed). You can teach a chimpanzee how to do that. That is not "strategy"

Chuck, I assume you mean that D2X is nearly UNfixable, rather than fixable. If it is as you stated, why has Blizzard been so horribly unsuccessful in fixing it?

now I have to go handle my D2X cd's, I'm feeling a little twitchy. :D ;)

Hitometer: 53,595,587 since 1995