Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

War Begins

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Haite, Mar 20, 2003.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Apparently the attitude of most iraqis is that they hate America, but they hate Saddam more.

And how come you never see any iraqi-americans or iraqi-canadians, etc.., at peace protests? If they aren't against the war why should others who don't understand the situation protest?

2. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    http://brain-terminal.com/video/sf-2003-03-15/quicktime-hq.html

video from san fran peace protest, by same guy who did New York, these people are even more out there than the New Yorkers. It's actually quite entertaining.

I don't mind if people want to protest for peace, but they should know a little more about their cause before they go running out and making fools of themselves.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    nice propoganda

5. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I saw a news report were a large group of younq Iraqi men were chanting "We give our lives for Saddam" and waving Kalashnikovs in the air.

6. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    He just goes to protests and interviews people, can't change the answers.

Heck, he even complimented that one man for his reasoning,differences aside. At least he had an intelligent arguement.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    but he can exclude the deranged people from the final video. that movie is mostly propoganda.

8. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    You are suggesting that he should edit out opinions of some of those he interviews? Which ones?

:p

9. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    eh? You mean we should show the real crazies? :crazy:

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    It would make no sense to edit out "deranged" people. If there were no deranged people at said protests, then one can only wonder what substance they would have left to them, assuming his ratios are accurate (which it seems would be true, since he interviews someone with an intelligent argument, instead of editing that person out, as well as videotaping many instances of irrational hate against the U.S. government).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  11. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok, here is anotehr reason why I protest the war and think the government is crap. New York Times, March 23, 2003, Section B6:

"The recent disclosure that reports claiming that Iraq tried to buy Uranium from Niger were based partly on forged documents has renewed complaints among analysts at the CIA about the way in which the intelligence related to Iraq has been handled"

"Analysts at the agency said they have felt pressured to make their intelligence reports on Iraq conform to Bush administration policies."

"For months, a few CIA analysts have privatly expressed concerns to colleagues and Congressional officials that they have faced preassure in writing intelligence reports to emphasize links between Saddam Huessein's government and Al Qaeda."
    -------------------------

Three snipits I took, and just one reason why I do not believe this war is just.

12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Meh, nevertheless, a dead arab is a good arab and war equals more dead arabs therefore war is good.

13. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    And Jedsia keeps pointing out stupid things anit-war people say.

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    stupid because they're coming from people who don't share the same opinion as you? That's your opinion about their opinion. Opinions carry no weight in real debates.

15. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, because lots of people shout there mouth off even if they dont know what they hell they are talking about.

16. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's fair enough.

But links to Al Quieda are not the only reason for the war, just one of many. The primary being Saddam is a threat to his people and a threat to us, he's said himself he would see us dead.

I don't support war itself, war is a terrible thing. But is it more terrible to continue to let Saddam butcher his people and profit at the expense of his people? The towns we have taken over so far have expressed great joy at seeing us, their only concern is if we finish the job and not leave them high and dry.

We're in it now, and we need to finish it. If we don't, if we leave again, then the hope the Iraqi people have felt in the past day will probably never be seen again.

But I respect your opinion, even if I don't agree. I think we can all agree war is a terrible thing. What we don't agree on is sometimes it's a necessary thing.
    I think I'm done fighting this battle anyway. The war is on, no point in arguing that. Now we should be worried about our troops and the objective of freeing Iraq with minimal casualties on both sides.

17. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I dont remember the exact quote, its been a while since we talked about Nazi Germany in AP Euro Hist., but Hitler once said that you can make anyone believe anything through propaganda. "Hell heaven and heaven hell".

18. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    He attacked the Kurds (sp?) right? I dont condone/justify this, but the thing is that Saddam doesnt think they are his people. They are "tribal"-type enemies.

19. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    that comment sounds racist to me

20. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Cow doesn't care, and he's Canadian so don't think of pinning that on the US.

Hitometer: 53,943,715 since 1995