Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

VRS Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Onisama, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    Anybody have some reccomendations for voice recognition software?

I noticed that OS9 has speech recognition packages on the CD, but I haven't found anything resembling a manual or how to for using. Also haven't had the time to check apple's site for same info.

Do the SR packages included with OS9 work, or should one go to another product for the same feature?

thanks

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Okay, don't expect Apple's built in software to type for you... all it can do is everything BUT that... heh. You can set up your computer to do everything by voice via the voice control panel, the speakable items folder, and many many applescripts, but unless you have like 5 days to kill setting it up, it is a huge waste of time. I just use it to wow my PC friends who can't conseive talking to ones computer :p . Now if you are looking for something to type whilest you dictate, then look at IBM's ViaVoice Millenium Ed. From what I hear, that is the best one out there... it will still take lots of time to set up, but once it is, you can talk away, and it will do all the typing for you... hope this helps.

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    might want to check out iListen too

4. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    yes, it does. I'll check both of those out. Thanks

5. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    QuicKeys has voice recognition

QuicKeys 5 allows voice triggering of any macros you make, very nice feature as it allows you to pretty much do anything but dictate by voice.

Hitometer: 53,820,588 since 1995