Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Vote

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by SpocKirk, May 11, 2000.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I suggest we take a vote either now or when D2 comes out. Only the members of the guild should suggest names and vote. Make up a list of suggestions and members can rank them. That way the member doesn't have to just choose one.

If we take the vote now, the name will be established and we can finish the graphics. On the other hand, we are not aware of the rules of naming a guild, there may be certain names already reserved by Blizzard.

------------------
    SpocKirk@aol.com

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good call.
    First things first. Lets take name nominations. I contribute the following names:
    1. The Cadre
    2. The Myriad of Allied Clansmen (M.A.C.) [​IMG]

*let us just use this topic for guild names from now on. We are getting a little too many name topics.

*let's start with name nominations. We need to keep it orderly or else we'll just have a bunch of random suggestions.

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    note: as soon as we get the name settled and get a guild site with kick ass graphics and stuff, then I'll send word to IMG, macdiablo2.com, and post an official link to the guild site on my main page. [​IMG] Then we should be getting a lot more people. But I don't want to announce a guild that is still in development stages.

4. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
  5. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    Vote:
    [​IMG]1. The Cadre 80%

[​IMG] 2. The Myriad of Allied Clansmen 100%

[​IMG] 3. Nephilim 95%

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I like "The Myriad of Allied Clansmen" too. Just because it sounds cool and the accronym is M.A.C.
    The Cadre and The Nephilim sound good too. But their meanings are uncertain at first glance. That's why I like M.A.C., it's a clear meaning of the name.

my percentage votes are the same as Reaper's

(I love this little face... [​IMG] )

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Hey! I just thought of something. If we go with "The Myriad of Allied Clansmen" then we can expand our guild/clan to include other games. *cough*HALO*cough* [​IMG]
    The name is easily applied to a general Mac gaming clan. We are simply a myriad of allied clansmen... do you guys understand what I'm getting at? And of course, the abreviation of MAC is perfect for a Mac gamers clan. What do you guys think about this idea?

8. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's an awesome idea! We could use *cough*HALO*cough* other games! Spacking of Halo IMG has new screenshoots straight from E3! Check 'em out!

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I saw those HALO shots on their E3 page. OMG! I can't wait for Halo to come out. My thinking is, when HALO comes out, that's when I get a brand new G4 (or whatever is the best at that time) to play it on.

10. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think I will get Halo and Tribes 2. Halo looks better but, they both look kick ass!
    [​IMG] Which one do you think is better?

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  12. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    [​IMG] Tribes 2 looks awesome! If we use the name M.A.C. we should have Tribes 2. I'll make the M.A.C. Tribes 2 page if we have one.
    [​IMG] Its a little early, but I can start making it now but I won't upload it for a while. That way I'll have lots of time to make kick ass web graphics before its even uploaded!
    [​IMG]So do you guys want a Tribes 2 clan?

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Well, it looks like it's just Reaper and me voting on the name. I say we do M.A.C.
    If anyone wants to vote on other names then do it soon. We can't just keep delaying this. If no one votes otherwise within the next day or two, then we're going to make a final decision. Since M.A.C. has 100% from both me Reaper, than that's what we'll go with.

A tribes clan would rock! That would be fine if you wanted to make that site, Reaper. I'm already working on a rough draft of the M.A.C. site. I would just contact my server and set up a separate login so you could upload it to this server. The address would be something like http://www.mac-gamer.com/MAC/tribes2/ (assuming we do the M.A.C. thing)

14. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    My vote:

[​IMG]1. The Cadre -100%
    [​IMG]2. MAC 99.9999%
    [​IMG]3. Nephilim 99.9998%

The only reason I voted for MAC over Nephilim is the portability of the MAC. I might use Nephilim as my player name instead.

Hitometer: 53,552,709 since 1995