Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Voodoo 3 2000 Mac PCI - $90

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lars, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Lars

Lars Peasant

Market Rating:
    I found at Mac-O-Rama a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI for only $90 US. I am kinda thinking of getting it and replacing our peice of crap 4 MB Rage Pro. I just want that card for 4x4 Evolution, Rogue Spear, and Unreal Tournament pretty much. Our current card can't do crap all for those games and they run slow and the detail has to be way down in order to get a good speed game. I realize that the card will be out dated soon, but like I said, 4x4, Rogue Spear, and UT is all I want. The next thing I'll ever buy is a new Mac. I think it's worth it for those games, but how long our computer now will last, I don't know, but worth updating it, why not? I need more RAM too... [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Lars (edited 12-20-2000).]

2. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    That sounds like a good deal, but dont forget that 3dfx is now owned by nvidia and there will be no more support for your video card.

3. Lars

Lars Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, but I hopefully won't need any support. I really think I'll get this card. I like the Rage Orion but it's quite a bit more $$$.

------------------
    News editor for MacGameNews.com
    lars@macgamenews.com

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    a voodoo 3 with a Mac ROM will definately make a world of difference over your existing card.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

5. Lars

Lars Peasant

Market Rating:
    Damn right! I gonna get about $160-200 ready (Ca) and then get the card. My brothers say it isn't worth spending that kind of for our old computer, but screw them, I don't give a **** what thay have to say about it. I am sure they'll love the new card when it's installed. Then, if I get new computer later on in my life, I'll just take out my card and use it in my new computer, hehe, they can have that 4 MB back then... [​IMG]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>per second to bring
    you resolutions as high as 2046x1536 and speeds of up to 60 frames
    per second<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, the Radeon must be pretty good if a Voodoo 3 can do that. Finally, my games will look and run great! Depending on your computer, for example mine, could it be that since my computer ain't great, it could be worse then what it says?
    ------------------
    News editor for MacGameNews.com
    lars@macgamenews.com

[This message has been edited by Lars (edited 12-21-2000).]

6. zxcvbnm

zxcvbnm Peasant

Market Rating:
    2046x1536 just means the maximum resolution. I doubt any game would be playable at that res. The "up to 60 fps" would be at a relatively low resolution. I know my PCI V3-2K never got anywhere near that fps in any game.

[This message has been edited by zxcvbnm (edited 12-22-2000).]

7. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zxcvbnm:
    2046x1536 just means the maximum resolution. I doubt any game would be playable at that res. The "up to 60 fps" would be at a relatively low resolution. I know my PCI V3-2K never got anywhere near that fps in any game.

[This message has been edited by zxcvbnm (edited 12-22-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, true... WASSSSSAAAAAAAA?!!!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

Hitometer: 53,578,941 since 1995