Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

viewing PJPEG vs. JPEG files

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Aerophile, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Aerophile

Aerophile Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have a friend that is unable to view JPEG scans that I create on my PC based system. He has requested that I send the scans in PJPEG format. I have sent the same scans to another Mac user who was able to view them as JPEGs.

Questions:

1) Should my JPEG scans be viewable on a Mac (my friend's is an older system)?

2) Any way for me to create PJPEG scans? I'm using a SNAPSCAN model 1212 with ScanWise 1.04 software and a PC using Windows XP.

3) Is there any way to convert my JPEGs to PJPEG format?

Thanks in advance,

Aerophile

2. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    For your first question as far as I know any Mac should be able to view JPEGs. Some times though my computer doesn’t recognize files if I just dbl click them. So I either have to drag the file and drop it onto the program that I want to open the file with, or open the program first and open the image through the open menu. As for PJEPG I’ve never heard of them.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    jpegs should read fine on a mac. all the graphics formats are universal. maybe the file isn't openning in the right program on the mac for some reason, maybe his file associations are messed up. tell him to try dragging and dropping the file on an appropriate program like PictureViewer.

is his system giving any errors when trying to open the file? also, what model mac is it? what operating system?

Hitometer: 54,381,973 since 1995