Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Video Problem

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by charlybrown, Oct 22, 2002.

1. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    OK I need some expert in mac to troubleshoot this problem.

I have the new imac 17inch screen and LOD with Carbon.

I can play in the software rendering mode but I cannot play with decent fps in the openGL mode. The difference is that the software mode is not stretching the screen to the full area of the screen and runs around 30-35fps. The openGL will stretch the screen to fit the full area (the additionnal area compared with the 15inch screen is only due to the lateral length), so it is a distorted resolution, everthing is stretched to the side.

However if I minimize the game into a window, it takes its right resolution and run's perfectly. I guess the game can't take the advantage of the full screen, but still I want to use the potential of the Geforce4 for a nice rendering.

So question is: how can I make it run 800x600 full screen at a decent fps with openGL???

2. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    you cant. the carbon Diablo 2 "port" was a piece of crap, if you dont run it in software mode you'd be better off running it in os 9. If you ARE running it in 9, then that means the nvidia driver problem still hasnt been fixed and you're stuck in software if you want to get better than 40fps.

3. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    will it affect the fps and the performance of the computer is os9 is on at the same time as OSX? cause the 9 run automaically if I start without carbon?

4. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I still reboot in OS9 to run LOD.

Wran

Hitometer: 53,932,952 since 1995