Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Vgs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpocKirk, Mar 22, 2001.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    If no one has posted about this yet... Virtual Game Station (VGS), a PlayStation emulator owned by Connectix, was sold a few days ago to Sony. Sony said they would use it to expand their emulation projects, but I just think they want to crush it. I think it will actually stay part of Connectix until June, so I would get it now. The official press release from Connectix is here. http://www.connectix.com/company/press_cvgs_mar1401.html

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Blegh, console games should stay on consoles and platform games should stay on platforms.

Haven't you noticed what happens when you play Mortal Kombat on your computer? Or when you play Diablo on the Playstation?
    IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!!!

3. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hear! Hear!

4. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    Why should I pay $99 for a playstation when I can ummmm..... pay $30 for VGS

On another note, I might have to join Jakeman (because he has Micro$ucks speakers) and zxcvbnm (because he's a PCrap user ;)) on the dark side by buying an XBox. There's a rumor that Micro$ucks bought the rights to the Dreamcast hardware and may build full Dreamcast compatibility into the XBox. It would be a smart move for Micro$ucks, because they would already have a large library of games available as soon as they introduce the XBox. Also, since Bleem has a Dreamcast version, you would be able to play all the PSX games supported by Bleem. Yeah!!! And... Halo, baby!!!

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well, I'm gonna get Halo for Mac, xBox, and PC. I've got an insane PC I'm building right now. The Mac version... well, OF COURSE I'm getting that. And I'm considering getting an xBox. :cool:

6. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    Dreamcasts are coming down in price, though. They're like $100 now. I might just buy one. The whole reason for getting one is SoulCalibur, the best fighting game ever. I still think it's better than Tekken Tag, and so does everyone else. And, you can make uhhhh, backup copies of the games with no problems. The reason I want to get an XBox to play halo on is because by the time it's done, it will need at least a G16 8GHz processor, with 4TB RAM and at least a 1GB video card. I will not have a computer like that. I am poor. I am connecting to this site with a 33.6 modem that will only connect at 26.4. boo hoo hooo.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Didn't dreamcast go bankrupt?

Hitometer: 53,850,588 since 1995