Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Very strange and twisted path to duping.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by DunAzrael, Jul 26, 2001.

1. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    My,My, MY. I am having very bad luck lately with this rollback crap. My assassin lost her 140 feral claws during the instability, I could handle that, you know, can allways imbue again. But then, B-net could'nt just leave it alone. During the Rollback I was'nt logged on, then when I did log on, my Haemosous Adament set armor was gone. replaced by my shitty old ancient armor. And what is strange is I now have two of the exact same rare-personalized ancient armor. When I got the set armor, I transfered my ancient armor from my assassin to my druid, it was cool for a while, then when I logged back on after the rollback the set armor was gone and replaced with the ancient, but my druid still had the same armor. Thus My armor got duped.

I wonder if you could do this with high quality stuff like good set items and stuff. Transfer right b4 the rollback and log on after it, would the items be duped just like my armor was?

Questions? Comments? This could open doors.

2. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    There certainly was the opportunity, but a proffessional duper would have to be psychic to have arranged his gear to take advantage of blizzard's limited rollback.

The only sinister possibility would be if someone actually did something to cause the bug to start, and gambled that they knew how blizzard would react, so they could mule all their items to be duped before the instability started, and then log on with only their empty characters during the instability.

In any case, most of the b.net public just got shafted, though a few may have gotten randomly lucky.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    You can, of course, fill out the "rollback grievances" form like Auto. Although given Blizzard's PR department that may be of little consequence.

--Haite

4. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    i got my smoke armor duped but i would much rather have the stuff i lost so im leaving my character alone until they email me back

5. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    Gee, You think you could hook me up with dat' there spare smoke ya got there eh, good buddy?.....

Hitometer: 53,564,516 since 1995