Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

vBulletin Lite ready for testing.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jan 6, 2001.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    VB Lite Test Forum - http://www.mac-gamer.com/vblite/index.php

I just installed vBulletin Lite in order to test the functionality of PHP and MySQL on my server. It is a severely feature limited version of vBulletin. The *full* version of vBulletin is the message board we'll probably be using for the new site. There is no user DB in the Lite version, so there is no need to register for the VB Lite boards. You can just put in your name each time you post. I'm just looking for some people to establish some threads and stuff to make sure everything is cool. Remember that this VB Lite forum is just to test the basic functionality of VB on my server. This is in no way an official new BB for this site or the gaming clan. Please let me know if you encounter any kind of error or strange happenning on the VB Lite board. Thanks!

The link for the vBulletin Lite forum is also on the *preliminary* clan site. If you want to have just one bookmark instead of two then just bookmark the preliminary clan site so you can see what's new with that site as well as have an easy link to the VB Lite forum. The same *unofficial* status applies to this preliminary clan site as well as the VB Lite forums.

Preliminary Clan Site - http://www.mac-gamer.com/mactest/index.html

------------------
    lamo mac boy

2. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    how come no passwords?
    (you could be impersanated pretty easily)

<oh wait nevermind about the passwords, i just read the thing about but still no emoticons><edited>

also there aren't any emoticons

can these be added?

[This message has been edited by BaleFire (edited 01-06-2001).]

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please note that this is the vBulletin *LITE*. It is an *EXTREMELY* feature limited version of vBulletin. This is a freeware version (as in it doesn't cost me anything). However, they recommend that you test out the freeware version before buying the full version to make sure it will run ok on your server. That is why we are trying the freeware version first.

The *FULL* version of vBulletin has all of the features of UBB (the BB we currently use) and *MUCH* more. The full verison of far superior to UBB, that is why we will probably be switching over to vBulletin eventually. If we do switch over to vBulletin I will be purchasing the *FULL* version of it. All of the existing member and thread files are fully transferrable too. To see what the full version looks like visit the vBulletin site.

vBulletin's message board (running the full version of vBulletin) - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php

They are also working of v2.0 of vBulletin that will have the following features added (on top of what it already has which is already better than UBB):

Private Messaging
    Polls
    "My vB" User Control Panel
    Buddy List
    Comprehensive forum thread ordering options
    Flexible co-branding
    User sessions (complete support for users without cookies enabled)
    Support for extra profile fields
    Integrated database backup utility
    Unlimited Forum Depth
    Improved moderator support
    Improved usergroups forum permission control panel
    Template searching
    New template / control panel design
    Database / code optimisation
    And much, much more

------------------
    lamo mac boy

4. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    o, well in that case it seems to work great

------------------
    I can bend minds with my spoon
    -----------
    Mess not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Hitometer: 53,594,012 since 1995