Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Value assessment

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Moose, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    What are these worth?

VampireGaze

Defense: 252
    Required Level: 41
    Required Strength: 58
    Durability: 40
    +100% Enhanced Defense
    Adds 6-22 Cold Damage - 4 Second Duration
    15% Stamina Drain
    7% Life Stolen Per Hit
    7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
    Damage Reduced By 17
    Magic Damage Reduced By 10

Heart Carver

One-Hand Damage: 48-118 (ish)
    Required Level: 36
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Dexterity: 58
    Durability: 20
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    +203% Enhanced Damage(varies)
    Adds 15-35 Damage
    35% Deadly Strike
    Ignore Target's Defense
    +4 To Grim Ward (Barbarian Only)
    +4 To Find Item (Barbarian Only)
    +4 To Find Potion (Barbarian Only)

I really like the helm and will use it on my pali, but the rondel is nothing to write home about. Are either of these worth any stones (I am guessing the vampiregaze may be)?

2. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    stones? what are you thinking, it's worth you keeping it...well that's the maximum value an item can have, to be kept :)

Acctually the vanpire gaze is best hardcore helm, followed by that is the harlequin crest.

The heart carver seems to be a nice alternative to find items. You make a fight and switch weapon to use find items, hey why not. No one said that weapon swap is meant to swap inside a battle.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Vampiregaze is the most godly helm for any melee class in the game, hardcore or softcore :nod:. They really changed Heart Carver from 1.08, very weird... I suppose you could make a barb to use it, does dagger damage get enhanced by sword mastery? You could do a dual-dagger barb with frenzy.

--Haite

4. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Daggers are their own class, so I highly doubt they benefit from sword mastery.

However, using heart carver as a free find item skill has its perks (saves at least a couple skill points). I prefer to shop for +3 warcry 1-h weapons (any weapon a barb can specialize in can get the +3 skill tree mod) and dual wield those for +6 total to warcries - benefits battle orders AND find item.

Actually, my current setup is one +3 warcry sword and an ethereal ali-baba in the other hand - combination of extra skills+MF for when I use the find item skill. Of course, I'm making the sacrifice to put a couple points into find item so with +skills it'll get around slvl 9 (where it starts to seriously top off).

With either combo, I never fight with it - just battle order/ find item then switch back to the melee tab when I'm fighting again.

I traded the one vamp gaze I ever found as soon as I found it. Can't even remember what I got for it, soj+runes or somethin. I know it has damn useful mods, but for some reason vampire gaze never fits in my plans for melee chars (I would think differently if I played HC perhaps).

5. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I got a second gaze last night with near identical stats and traded it for 4 stones. I may try to see what I can get for my current one. I am dying to get my hands on a Mara's Kaleidoscope. Damn hard to come by. Anyone want to trade my gaze for one of them?

6. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    4 stones for a vamp gaze? holy crap you better find that guy again and try to trade him your other one..

7. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    It's all worthless. Umm, give it to me for disposal.

:D

8. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ha! You scammer, you. :laugh:

...Er, wait. No, he's, um, right. Yeah. You don't need to hold onto that, I got a mule you can use... hehe.

9. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i could use some of those stones :P

need anything?

10. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I used them all to obtain a 24% mara's and a crest. I am all out of stones now, well, I use one and hold one in reserve. Now I have to find more. I hate it sometimes!!

11. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Four sojs for a 24% mara's and a crest eh? Sounds like you got fair to favorable prices for those (crest still goes for 3 in the channels, and a 25% mara's is generally considered at least 2).

I've got a small reserve of sojs atm (from selling off an occulus and a 22% mara's) of which one is bid on some nice 570 def 3 socket armor for my "duress" armor. They'd damn well better activate that runeword soon.

12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    What if it turns out to have garbage mods :laugh:? I doubt it will though, it's got one of the highest level requirements of all the runewords. Recently I traded all my stones away except one to obtain godly sorc gear, so far she's tooled up with Oculus, a +2 circlet with 8 resist all (imbued it myself), Mara's Kaleidoscope (borrowed from Aleldtritch), 35% vipermagi which I'll socket with an Um once she hits 47, Nightsmoke, 3D large shield for questing, Lidless for duels (the PvP sorc in my sig), 1 stone, 1 rare fast cast ring (need to replace with another stone), magefist, and wartravelers in the upper 40's. Any suggestions :)? I probably ought to give her one of my Frostburns (have like 4 pair :rolleyes: ) for PvM, but at the minute her mana never drops while constantly casting orb, it regenerates during the casting delay :D.

--Haite

Hitometer: 53,850,115 since 1995