Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

v1.06b problems?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Spike, May 24, 2001.

1. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    Is anybody else having problems with the new v1.06b? I have had 5 hard freezes since Monday.

Yesterday my Sorceress lvl27 had a freeze while battling a unique ghost (LE) with full life (244) and half mana. After many color metaphors considering I lost almost all my best items, I logged back into bnet and she was still alive??? WTF. Created a game and the life ball was completely empty. Looked at the char screen and she had only 7 life left! Thank goodness I had just transferred a couple extra life items. So my next question is, has anybody had a disconnect or freeze and ended with less life, or do I hold the record (Hey, got to hold a record at something)? After this, Im realizing that every single life point is VALUABLE!

--Spike

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Erm, I've had close calls and come back to find myself at 1 / 314 life, this was on my Bowazon before she died. These were alos from lagging out through, never had a freeze . . .

Oh btw, don't steal my signature!

--Haite

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    no problems on my mac or my pc.

4. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    I thought macs don't freezes...

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    if you know how to manage the software. it's the same with PCs. OS X promises to eliminate this. I haven't used OS X enough to say for certain.

6. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've come across a very annoying problem with 1.06. When I save and exit, and come back into a game, my character is saved with the things she had from her last trip to town, not what she had when leaving the game. grr. lost a regular ornate plate for my barb imbue and a 3D shield I had just placed on my necro.
    I've found if you wait about 5 minutes before leaving the game, the save will take, but if you just pick up your stuff and leave, you're screwed.
    Anyone else have this prob? I am playing lan games when this happens, so it may not be a b.net issue, only tcp/ip.

7. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I've done some muling since 1.06 came out and had no problems with saing the items even if my mule's in the game for less then a minute.

--Haite

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    so far, no problem.....and I have been muling items, too.

Have experienced a couple of lag spikes, but nothing out of the ordinary......

9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Whether or not it's 1.06b or just B.net in general, I don't know, but I will give this warning: Be careful while muling. Moose and I were having problems with games unexpectedly disappearing last night. I lost some good stuff when our game disappeared, even though Moose was still in the game. The game was over a half hour old when this happened, and when I say disappeared I mean it was gone. When we tried to rejoin it told us the game did not exist. :mad: It happened to us again later on while we were leveling in an 8-player game, just dropped us right in the middle of play and the game was gone, although thankfully that time we didn't lose any items. I've been booted from games before, but I've always been able to rejoin if the game was more than 5 minutes old. I've never seen this happen before 1.06b, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the patch.

Anyway, if your gonna mule, get a clan member or someone you trust to hold the stuff, in case the game vanishes while you are changing characters.

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Lurk: I've seen that before, pre-1.06x. I thankfully haven't lost anything of real value to such an event, but I know they exist. I believe it's a rather large problem too, such as a realm server going down and dropping every game it was supporting, as many as 300 I'd guess.

--Haite

11. Spike

Spike Banned

Market Rating:
    Well then its my computer then. Ill try and find out what is causing the incompatibilities. Havent had any freezing problems at all prior to v1.06, but Ive added some new stuff to my computer. Im currently getting a freeze in diablo2 about every 90 minutes of play.

--Spike

12. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    mine has a graphical freeze for about 10-15 seconds in the b.net chat room occasionally, gets pretty irritating..

13. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Mine does that too, I've tested it in software mode so it can't be a hardware issue, must be internet lag, doesn't happen all the time.

--Haite

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    my only problem is major CD spin down when I kill a boss. But since the boss is dead at that point it's all good. It stalls out for about 7 seconds.

15. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    7 huh? That's a long time, worst I get is on Mephisto, usually 1.5-2.5 seconds.

--Haite

16. LecterTheVile

LecterTheVile Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hm, since 1.06b I wasn't able to create games (closed battle.net, European realm). It always tells me "Unable to join" when my game is loading. Normal 'Join Game' still works...

Oh well...

17. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    So I ate his liver with some faber beans and a nice quiante. phphphphphphphph.

18. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    fava beans

Chianti

:p

19. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    mmmmmmmmm. cheese. :drools:

Hitometer: 53,848,435 since 1995