Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

using a backup CD

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Peadur, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Peadur

Peadur Peasant

Market Rating:
    first off, Jake this is a totally legit usage question, but if you feel it sounds like hacking, feel free to delete, no probs.
    So I had my brother make back up copies of my D2 and LOD CDs and send them to me. I didnt want him to send the origs becuse I didnt want them damaged or lost on their way over, but as no one is using the CDs at home, I feel using backup CDs here is legit. Anyay, I can install using the CDs, but cant start a game. When I try it says "please make sure that the play disk is installed". This happens with both clasic and LOD. However, there is a full copy of regular D2 here, and if I start the game with that, then change to my backup CD at the title screen, I can play off the backup. That makes me think that there is some little bit missing that is stopping me from using my CDs. Does anyone know of a way around this, or did my brother just burn a bunk copy?

Oh yea, if anyone wants to see pictures from africa, my brother put a bunch up at www.davnet.homeip.net
    its under features.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    There is a problem with the original version of D2 where the CD isn't recognized. Download the latest patch from Blizzard's site and install it manually. I think that will fix the problem.

3. Peadur

Peadur Peasant

Market Rating:
    hmmmm... no workie. Have to think of something else...

Hitometer: 53,849,726 since 1995