Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Used to be the Drawing Board.

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Jakeman, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Is a Hardware forum a good idea? The Drawing Board wasn't going anywhere. I figured I would change its focus. Opinions?

2. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    Cool!

BTW When is all of this going to be finished? Tonight? Monday?

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Re: When is it finished...

It looks like the initial install and configuration of vBulletin is working fine. The database import from UBB went good with only one issue with double threads in the Trading Post which I fixed. Everything seems to be running smoothly. I'll be taking anyone suggestions for the new forums for the next few days I'm sure. I've had one suggestion that I need to change the font, and one suggestion saying everything was too big. I'll wait for more opinions and then act on the popular opinions. So I guess the new forums are basically done, pending some adjustments the next few days.

The new clan site is coming along great. All the big hurdles are close to being overcome. The main things I need to do are work on content for the "about" section (all the info about our clan, bnet channels, clan policies, rules, faq, etc), finish some graphics (which I already have the basic templates for), make new nav buttons, and fashion some PHP code to integrate the clan site with the vBulletin user db (the basic code has already been provided to me by some vBulletin guys). There's nothing left with the clan site that I'm not capable of, I just need to put in the time to get it done. I have been working on it a lot lately. Now that vBulletin is installed and seems to be working I'll have more time to spend on the clan site exclusively. Of course, an exact ETA is still uncertain.

Second on my list is a redesign of my main site and integration of my main site with a "news forum" on the message board making for easy posting of news and easy designation of extra news posters. But that will come after the clan site.

Like I said, once the clan site is done I'll be sending news to MacLedge and IMG, etc. I anticipate a huge flood of new clan sign ups then. To give you an idea: When I first started the Diablo 2 clan, I sent news to IMG on a Thursday evening. On Friday morning they posted news of my clan and that day I had 25 new sign ups. The next week I sent news to MacLedge. The same day they posted the news I got just over 100 new sign ups. Over the days following I got another 70 or so. The new clan site will be totally pimp. I anticipate these numbers being much higher this time.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    blah blah blah.

In other words. Almost done. When done everyone will be happy.
    :)

Hitometer: 53,848,425 since 1995