Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

USEast vs West

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Keeksy, Aug 10, 2000.

1. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    Before I call it a night, I would like to leave you with a question. This clan has voted to switch to closed characters. We are now in the process of doing so, and must choose a realm for our Clan. Jakeman has suggested we use USEast. I however, disagree. USEast is more heavily used and has the less bandwidth than USWest. It is plagued with all sorts of malfunctions, which ruin the gaming experience. In my opinion, USWest is must more reliable than the former. It is also nearer to the majority of our clan members from what I can tell, so to me it appears to be the obvious choice. I’m sure you all have your own opinions though, so vote. 1 or 2? East or West? It is ultimately your decision. I guess that’s all I have to say. Good night fellow clan members. [​IMG]

------------------
    Hey! Necro my ego!

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    2 West. I've noticed that East is always jacked too. But from what I could tell the majority of us are on the East coast. (I'm on the west coast). I was going to do east just because most of us are on east (i thought).

------------------
    lamo mac boy

3. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    1. East. I'd say 90% of the time East has worked fine for me. Much more playable than open b.net games. The other 10% would be those rude unexplained boots from games occasional waiting in line and bad lag. Also, I have a lvl 28 paladin on East, so I'm a little biased towards keeping all that time invested being worth something. I do realize, however, that there are a few analagous situations for people who have been playing West (like cowofwar's lvl 30 something sorceress, right?).

I'll recreate my barbarian, mac_Olon, on whichever realm we officially choose. I must admit my impression has been that East would be official for some time now. Didn't we already have a thread like this one?

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    1 east... cuzz ::laughs:: I am stuck in Pennsylvania, and West is laggy as [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] for me

------------------
    Okay I pulled the pin...
    NOW WHAT?

5. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I vote for west, but I'm on the West coast. I can't seem to even talk to people on the east in the chat channel, so it would do me no good right now to create a character there. If it settles down, then I will play wherever there are games going...

Wran

6. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    2. It's strange that while I'm a bit closer to the East Coast server, I've had much better experiences with the West Coast. I'm kind of located between them, so I can gauge pretty well which one is better. My West character is only level 7, so changing to the East wouldn't be to painful. [​IMG]

Yes, I've already voted, but I just wanted to make easier for you to tally. [​IMG]

------------------
    Hey! Necro my ego!

[This message has been edited by Keeksy (edited 08-10-2000).]

7. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, i couldn't log on west before, but once i got a character there, the ping and chances of logging on is actually much better than east so i would vote west, but east is fine for me 2

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

8. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    I vote West.

------------------
    I say we nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

9. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    i'm a LOT closer to east, so naturally vote for east. but in reality it doesn't matter to me a whole lot. either way it doesn't matter to me. i'll play on whatever you guys choose. i don't have much of an opinion about the realms cuz i haven't been playing on them, i've been playing open, so i don't have any actual input into this. just that i'm closer to east

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

10. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    i think this is stupid, there is no reason why we cant use east and west, and what about our members in other parts of the world?i think that we should use the server closest to home and i also think that their should be no one realm that the clan is on

------------------
    Hannibal, terror of all that is weak and keeper of elephants

11. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    if we're on different realms then the clan will essentially be divided by realms. different realms can't play with eachother. do you guys want to break the clan up by realms?

------------------
    lamo mac boy

12. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    although not as practical, we could all create characters on east AND west. that could work and cut down on the problems of segregation

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

13. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    I also have been under the impression that we were going to be on EAST...I have a 24th lvl Barb already in place there. I am in Utah but can never seem to get onto the USWest realm. Either way for me. Just keep the clan together. Multiple realms would suck. There is hardly anybody in the mac clan room now anyway more division would just make things worse...

That's my 2 cents

14. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Kalgareth, there's nobody in channel because we're playing clan games! My lvl 30 USEast paladin got 95% of his experience in games with one or more (often more) other clan members in them.

I've also been inviting some tolerable non-clan types who are on different acts to come and play so we can get better experience.

You really should join us more. I know we'll be making more runs through normal act IV in the next few days. If you don't see us, try messaging the following people with similar level USEast chars:
    olon97 - me
    mac_dev - dev
    mac_Autolycus - ummm. isn't it obvious
    mac_mud - Ok, I'm going to stop this altogether...
    mac_kalgareth (just in case you want to talk to yourself)

I can also give you the account names of some other folk who don't loot excessively and play honestly (i.e. I trust them not to grab my money and run when I drop it on the ground to take on monsters I figure might kill me multiple times) who are around your level, but I'm sure you've met some of those folks yourself.

When the bot is working (any way to make that more often Jakeman?) you can use the following command from in channel or in game to see who's been around:
    /msg mac_BOT allseen

15. meilon

meilon Peasant

Market Rating:
    Got to Say East. West is far too unstable for me.

16. Ithai

Ithai Peasant

Market Rating:
    I vote east as well.

17. Grubb

Grubb Peasant

Market Rating:
    Personally, I don't really care. I don't have a character on any realm, so whichever one is fine. As long as the lag isn't to bad. Tho, living on the east coast it'd probly be easier for me to use the east server.

------------------
    Hello Titanic, this is the Hindenburg. We're here to rescue you, send up a flare.

18. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't care wither way but lets decide soon so I can stop working on my East Barbarian and put the time in on the server that we will be on.

------------------
    Are we having fun yet?

19. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    i still dont see why we cant be any server.......

------------------
    Hannibal, terror of all that is weak and keeper of elephants

Hitometer: 53,596,005 since 1995