Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

USEast, Roll Call, and Satelite Internet

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Kalgareth, Jan 26, 2001.

1. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Does anyone know what is up with bots on USEast... I have seen about ten different ones in the past week... all seem to be VERY friendly(I like some of spyda's greetings) but none are dependable... Was someone supposed to have a continuous bot in there? Need the INFO.... :)

Secondly I would just like to know who is still playing D2... I have noticed that olon has dropped out a bit and I only see Auto, Gilg and a few others frequently... Although there are still alot of peeps that play that aren't "official" clan members (ie. Crassius(bhg), Paradrapa, Spyda)...

To bring this all together I am going to be getting Satelite Internet (500+/200+Kbps) on saturday and will start playing on a more daytime schedule since (I hope) lag won't be a serious issue anymore... I could possibly handle the east bot... I could dedicate a comp for it... and would like to have some serious partners when I enter the HC world... I know auto mentioned it earlier but I was just wondering if peeps are still active during the day?

Thx
    Kal

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I'm fairly active, but I like to play Normal D2, Not HC. I would be very distraught if my HC guy died.

I get online a few nights a week here and there. Sorry...usually no daytime for me (work, kids, work, kids....)

Look me up when you're on...see if I am. I'm always up for some fun....

Later,
    Gilg

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    bot

I believe mud has the mac_east account for the "clan mac_east" channel's bot. If he's having a hard time keeping that bot up we may want to give it to some one else. I have the login and password for it.

Hmmmm, I wonder if my computer could have two different bots going? I don't see why it would be a problem. I'll try that now. :)

4. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm still around and plan to return Kal.

I've been AWOL for the past few weeks due to a dead DVD drive (now fixed) and a cable modem that thinks it's 14.4 (thanks Gil for passing your CM problems to me ;) )

I am not the world's biggest @home fan right now :mad:

I shall return

5. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm still on, usually at night on the west coast. Depends, from seven on, or from 11 - 3am depending if there's anything interesting on the tube (we get B5, Voyager and DS9 one after another from 12 on)

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Oni...you got it now??? hehe, oops....sorry!!!

The problem turned out to be:
    - Bad modem
    - bad splitter
    - too many splitters
    - low quality reception.

Solution was to :
    - Add amplifier
    - reduce splitters
    - new modem
    - reconfigure TCP/IP as manual static IP.

Connection is fine now...hope to see you online sometime again...it was fun going thru the game side-by-side...

7. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    Maintaining the bots is important. There may not be many people playing Diablo now, but there will once the expansion is released. We will need stable bots by then due to more traffic. :)

8. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I tried running the Mac_west and Mac_east bots simultaneously. It wouldn't take both channel configs. I'll have to get two different bot programs so they don't interfere. I'm opting for me to maintain both channels since my dsl has been extremely reliable lately and I have a dedicated 24/7 computer.

9. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    im still fairly active, ive been givin a wonderful gift of a hardcore account with some really nice characters on it,
    dr_conan, which i will be playing with as soon as i figure out how to use a furyzon, until then ill be building a furyzon on carebear, which reminds me, anyone got a pike i could use for bosses? right now im stuck with a 2 perf saphire 1 perf skull pike that ive used since level 16, NOT ENOUGH DAMAGE, but i dont wanna get the str and dex reqs for my lance because furyzons dont need it...

10. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    I havent been very active lately, sorry. I've been working on my English final project for the last few days, I'm almost done so I should be back on bnet soon.

11. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    well, im still here

12. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    yeah yea yeah, ok so im switching bots, i got a new one but it isnt working quite right yet, i also changed the pass on the mac_east account too.

13. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    The one day I go to play a game of D2 the realms are down. I should have known, it is Saturday.

I'm starting a new Lanceazon on USEast. Can someone donate some items since all my old characters on USEast?

14. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'll donate some amazon junk to you...when should we meet?

15. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    when the realms are up.

16. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    why dont all pants have drawstrings?

17. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's easy. You get more sex if you wear zippers/buttons. ;)

Hitometer: 53,850,145 since 1995