Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Update.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Alteren, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hi there.

Well, I got my A.A.S. in Interactive Media Technology this past May, and I'm going right on to get my B.S. in Computer Science through a 2+2 program my local college has with another.

For the Fall, I'm finish up my "bridge courses". I'd like to be taking a little more, but I've hit a bit of a wall until I finish these.

I start most of my Fall classes today. Here's what I'm taking:

- Intro to Web Authoring and Graphics (this is from the college I'm getting my B.S. Apparently my local college offers no equivalent. The general belief among everyone I've told is that I don't need to take this course, but I lost the energy to fight about a 1 credit course. This one actually started 2 weeks ago and is a 6 week course that ends 9/23).

- Intro to Oracle SQL

- Concepts of Calculus

- Statistics

The bottom three there start today and finish up 12/16. I'm looking forward to finishing all that up and getting into the meat of my Bachelor's degree.

As far as WoW goes, I do miss it. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of the discs, but I don't see myself going out to spend the money on it again right now, even though the cost has come down a little bit. My time will be short, and my laptop could barely handle WoW sometimes before the expansion. When the expansion comes out, I imagine my laptop will be all but helpless :-).

I do plan to buy a new laptop, but not until I get my B.S. I'll go onto one of those sites (HP being one) and choose as much RAM and the best video card imaginable. That's a work-related concern mainly, but it would work nicely for the type of game WoW is :-).

Will you ever see me back in WoW? I'd like to come back, but I don't see it happening for quite a while. I've really learned that it would just take time budgeting. I can get past the crappy laptop, but the time crunch is a bit much right now.

Anyway, good luck to you guys. I'll try to update you a little more frequently than I have been. Thanks again for everything :-).

- Greg

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Nice to "see" you dude. Good luck on classes, stay in touch.

:wave:

3. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Thanks. I'll stay in touch a little bit more frequently :-).

- Greg

4. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
  5. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Thanks Elb.

6. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Hey Alteren,

We miss you. I haven't been on in a long time either. I have been really busy with RL stuff. I'm finding it hard to juggle WOW and a 2 year old. Everytime I sit in front of the computer, he screams at me and pulls me off. So I cannot even surf the net to shop.

It was nice to hear from you. :yipee:

7. Alteren

Market Rating:
    Thanks Chanta. It's good to hear form you too :-).

Hitometer: 53,588,042 since 1995