Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

upbringing debate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kraahl, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    And the parents are being stupid as always. This is hardly dangerous to children.

"It sounds funny, but kids should not be exposed to this kind of thing. It should be taken off the shelves."

Come on, it´s not like she´s going to be scarred for life. It might not be appropriate but not dangerous.

2. Vokbain

Vokbain Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    They aren't overreacting at all. If it was my kids, my response would be the same. I wouldn't want my kids playing with a Hulk doll with a dick.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    when i was little my parents guarded me from stuff like that. If I ever have kids (which I won't) I won't guard them from stuff like that.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Education in all matters should corrolate to maturity. There are people our age who still shouldn't know about this sort of thing.

5. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    yes, because your parents must have done something wrong to make you turn out this way. :p

6. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don´t like strict upbringings, I didn´t have one myself. I sometimes feel like I brought up myself.

I don´t like parents who moralize and say, that is bad for the child. Like
    Dad: No pokémon for you, my son
    Son: But everybody is watching it dad
    Dad: Doesn´t matter, you are not watching it

These kind of things will hurt the child more the Pokémon will.

7. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Everyone who says they were brought up lax will say they prefer it, and everyone who says they were brought up strictly will say they prefer it, but statistically speaking children with both less discipline and praise in the family tend to develop concentration and behavioral disorders, or

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/60/67126.htm
    http://my.webmd.com/content/article/60/67118.htm

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/193/61915.htm

8. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well I think I should clarigy what I mean. There are really two kinds of upbringings I frown upon. Religios (let´s not starta a debate about that) and intellectual.

They are similar in some ways. Intellectual parents might want thier children to read books etc. etc. My parents where at party and there was this couple who just had a child. And they where actually planning how to be towards the child. And by that I mean, no television they should read books to the child instead.

Such things make me angry, what will happen when the child meets other child in kindergarten or school or whatever. All the other kids will talk about what they have watched on tv and the child won´t be able to join in.

That is not good. Children are sheep, they follow the group by nature. We should not go against nature.

I don´t think that there should be no punishment for misbehavior and things like that.

9. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 53,952,448 since 1995