Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

unfit to vote

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    In the midst of this political season I am growing more and more critical of myself. I have a bias towards certain candidates that I can't justify, and that bias changes as poll results change; I am becoming subject to my own critical observation that people rally behind the early winners in presidential primaries. I am also finding myself swayed by superficial things like posture and presentation which is independent of actual political positions. I also have antagonistic feelings towards candidates and members of the opposite party as myself; it is one thing to disagree, but to have hostile feelings based on political differences is really pathetic.

I am not fit to vote so I am not going to vote.

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Interesting...

I'm a registered independent and hence have no voice in the Maryland primaries, so therefore, I haven't been paying very close attentions to the candidates outside the top -- I guess 3 or 4 (Hilary, Obama, Romney/Huckabee and Giuliani). In many ways, I 'm a little against everyone, because I believe that party politics (and notice I didn't say partisan, but party in general) has weakened our system of government more than it has strengthened it. But I'll take a serious look at all the candidates who make it through to their conventions and worry about it then.

So, you've gotten on the Obama bandwagon without understanding why? You're hating Mike Huckabee because he's a Republican Baptist Minister and you don't like Hilary Clinton because everyone tells you, you shouldn't like her? I think that happens to most people at one point or another.

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    dammit, now i am predictable.

4. lost

lost Peasant

Market Rating:
    Your alternating predictability and unpredictability make you largely unpredictable. It's refreshing. Now stop bashing everyone and vote anyways. It'll give the rest of us one more way to bash you for bashing the candidates that have been elected with your lovely assistance.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  6. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't think you can really vote for candidates based on their positions, cause they'll say whatever the hell they want to get elected. what I go by, what I think is the most genuine indicator is their personality... do I think I can identify with the guy? could we sit down and actually communicate, and who seems more sincere? obama just seems like someone I can actually understand and like, while mccain seems like an old fart from an entirely different world from me. that being said I'm really happy he won cause when I don't know who pulls the strings or puts things their mouths at least the guy who seemed more genuine and appealing to me is in office. I didn't even vote lol... I from DC though, so I dunno. would even have been worth it?

7. Jaco

Jaco Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, Ronald Reagan got his start as an actor. And, during the cold war, Reagan and Gorbachev settled a lot of shit face to face just the two of them. So in a way, dapork is exactly right. The job requires a lot of discussing and dealing with leaders from different cultures and politics. The more likable, easy-to-understand, and smart (sounding) candidate should be best suited for the job, regardless of platform. Both platforms are just "whatever is best for America" spun a million different ways.

Hitometer: 53,935,635 since 1995