Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

UBRS 5-22-05 @5pm PST

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, May 22, 2005.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm 56. Need me? I have a couple quests in BRS (not sure if they are upper or lower)

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    1) You're not high enough. A lot of mobs do knock-back attacks in there and with your aggro radius, the whole room will be aggro'd easily. You can ask but chances are very slim.

2) You cannot do any quests in a raid unless it specifically says "Raid" and not "Dungeon". This means that it's pointless for you to try to get xp in there. Also in a raid, you don't get as much about 1/4-1/8 of the normal xp that you'd get because Blizz got smart and know that it's a way to twink chars so they adjusted it accordingly. I know that when I do raids when I wasn't lvl 60 that I was only get 40-50 xp per kill. It was very inefficient.

3) If you're hoping to go in there for loot, the looting rules are different in raids and most of the time you come out with nothing. You might get an item that no one wants but those items you general will disenchant anyways cause you probably can't use it, i.e. some shaman stuff that you might win but can't use(happens a lot).

4) You're Shadow Spec'd and they'll probably want healers. Plenty of rogues/mages/hunters out there for dps. They'll need healers more often then not.

I'd concentrate more on leveling if I were you. Then start off slow with easier raid instances like Strath. Once you learn how to do raids, then do the harder ones like UBRS and DM. I know of several people that are on my permanent blacklist because they think they know everything and don't do what they're suppose to do. Learn to listen to raid/party leader even if you don't like how they run things. There will be people that will notice how you play and you'll get invites more when you do.

I might go but I'm not too sure yet. Playboys is gonna mop up MC tomorrow. We killed 3 bosses (Gehennas, Garr, Shazzras in that order). Baron Geddon is next. Hopefully we'll get a closer to Ragnaros but there's 5 more bosses we have to kill before we can get to him.

Edit: Btw, I got my gems for the key so if you guys would help me get to the NPC to turn in my quest then we'll have a key for our guild. I think I need to get past 5-6 groups to turn in the gemstones, go to Dustwallow and kill a lvl 61 elite and then go back to LBRS and turn in quest to get the key.

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    "A lot of mobs do knock-back attacks in there and with your aggro radius, the whole room will be aggro'd easily. You can ask but chances are very slim."

ouch. That sounds painful.

"2) You cannot do any quests in a raid unless it specifically says "Raid" and not "Dungeon". This means that it's pointless for you to try to get xp in there. Also in a raid, you don't get as much about 1/4-1/8 of the normal xp that you'd get because Blizz got smart and know that it's a way to twink chars so they adjusted it accordingly. I know that when I do raids when I wasn't lvl 60 that I was only get 40-50 xp per kill. It was very inefficient."

I was wondering when I was going to get a Raid quest. Ah well.

What instances would you recommend for a level 56? I've pretty much farmed ST out for all the good priest drops and I'm too high for it now.

//edit... I'll go on a ZF run with Agar today, who else wants to come? a mage with AOE would help a lot of we do the Divino event.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I'm afraid Scorpion is right about agro range. UBRS mobs are lvl 61 / 62, and there are lots of tight spaces. :(

BRD and LBRS are good for your level.

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oh, I thought I had been to UBRS before with you guys. Guess I was in LBRS.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Yes, that was LBRS. UBRS is the same instance, but you take a left when you come in, then use the key to open a door that goes to UBRS.

8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    There's no actual instances for level 56. You might be able to do Baron side Strath with pickup groups as the mobs in there are about 56-59. Level 55-59 is usually a bottle-neck situation and I find that I had to grind through those levels. Once you get to lvl 60 though, you'll be in high demand if you're holy spec since every group you join will expect you to be healing. I would try to get to 59 or 60 if I were you. You probably won't even have to come to the forum any more cause then all you need to do is spam that you're a 60 priest LFG and you'll get at least 4-5 tells asking you to go to a high level'd instance. This is usually the case since high instances requires at least 2 good healers. The good thing about being a caster class is that you're always in demand for high instances. This is true for mages and warlocks as well. I feel sorry for all the hunters in our guild seeing that no one seems to want hunters or pallys(unless they can heal pretty good) for high instances simply because there's so many of them. Makes me wished that I rolled a warrior rather than a pally at times, :sigh. At least it seems that MC requires a diverse group as the pally role seems to be important on boss fights(gogo auras and back-up res'er/healer/dispeller woot).

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    UBRS didn't happen. I don't think it was a "firm" thing they had planned... more of a passing thing.

I ran Deadmines with Beefe (Red's alt), and helped Stephine with some EP quests.

Hitometer: 53,558,125 since 1995