Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

tyr's hand - how2farm

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Jakeman, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I had never farmed high level single targets... I usually aoe farm low level mobs. I tried Tyr's Hand last night and the money is actually better than my aoe farming spots. I just do single target frostbolt on everything.

Some tips:

1) Always watch for the courier group. It is easy to get ganked by these if you aren't looking for them. They enter Tyr's Hand from the front gate and march straight down the center up into the castle in the back. They despawn inside the castle so you don't have to worry about them coming back out.

2) Farm in the yard around the back castle. This area has harder mobs with better drops:

Praetorians - melee mobs. Nothing special.
    Curates - ranged Smiters with Renew. Fairly weak, but their Smite is a short cast that is good at delaying your spells.
    Archmages - basically a fire mage with counterspell. Kill them quick and interrupt their fireball if you have such an ability. Be ready to use a different offensive tree if their CS knocks out your primary.
    Lord Something - a lvl 60 elite that patrols. If you can keep him at range then he is really weak. If he gets into melee range then he will stun you which can suck.

3) Watch for pats. There are several pats of regular mobs that can own you while you are still trying to clear yourself an area in the yard.

200 FUD

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Ni hao u giv 200 fud kk? ^_^

Scholo is rumored to be solo farmable for a Frost mage as well, up to the immune skellies.

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I could solo them when I specced Aesch as shadow, but do spells in the wrong order... instant death. You mages have it easier with all that slowing cold goodness.

Hygelac couldn't solo shit :/

4. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    when i farmed there it was pretty simple.

step 1 - charge
    step 2 - mortal strike
    step 3 - see step 2
    step 4 - profit

Hitometer: 53,595,601 since 1995