Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

True Story with Guru #2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beeble, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    I certainly hope you all enjoyed my Goatse dream, now, gather round my friends for the tale of...

The Time The Power Went Out Yesterday!!1

At approximately 3:00 EST I had brought my mountain bike around front in preperation to deliver papers. I, however, noticed the environment was beginning to darken. I went inside and told my father that I would deliver the first half but if it gets bad i'm turning around and coming home immediately. As soon as I finished talking to him, it began to get very very windy outside. I ran outside and took my bike out back to the shed as fast as I could. I felt a few drops as I dashed back into the house, where I entered the living room and there was my mom, watching the weather channel. The radar was there, and the storm approaching us was ONLY AS BIG AS MY COUNTY. Of all the places it could have it, it was the same length north and southwards as my county.

Ok, so let's just wait until after the storm to do papers. The storm passed with no thunder, but lots of wind and heavy rain. The channel got 2/3 symptoms correct. We delivered papers, my father and i, and upon returning home my sister and mom were outside... the power was out. Always my substation. The houses across the street maintain electricity almost every time ours goes out. I suppose since I live next to the township nature area that squirrels could be easily tempted by the wires... and in most cases that IS what happens, but today it was a result of the storm... which bby now had passed and you could hear some rumbles of thunder where it was. At this time it was about 4:30, and we left to eat out at a buffet. Mmm... good food with self-serve soft-serve ice cream and a big bucket of sprinkles = thx.

We get back and the power is still off. I need the electricity to wake up for papers in the morning (i deliver afternoon dailies and morning sundays). We passed some time and suddenly the lights came on. Being the nerd that I am I hit my computer's switch in approximately 10 seconds following the power return. Twenty seconds later the power failed once more. Dangit. It didn't come back on right after. We did some fireworks and eventually went to bed, power was slated to return at 1 AM according to our power company. I wake up at 6:30 due to the wakeup call given by the power company, and the power is still off. I question my dad and he says they say 10AM now. By now I'm thinking they're extending this like "A Patch Called 1.10."

So I did papers, came back at 7:10, and slept. I woke up at 10:50 today but the power actually returned much earlier. 8:10. That got me mad too.

Wow, my last story was much better than this, but I felt so computer deprived during this time.

2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    could be worse. I just went for two weeks with no computer... driving to Seattle and unpacking, that is. My only contact was when we stopped at my cousin's house in San Francisco.

Hitometer: 53,836,942 since 1995