Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Trading and the use of mules

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by olon97, Jul 25, 2000.

1. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Shameless plug for my posts on the trading forum. Go have a look! Subjects are: "Take my set items, please!" and "I don't like how my rare skull helmet looks..."

Also, I wanted to start a topic on the appropriate use of mules. I've seen hard core players on the battle net strategy forums vigorously flame people who wanted larger stashes. I can sort of see the point for something like iron golem, where a necro could theoretically create unfairly huge reserves of good items for sacrificing to make the golems. I have to admit I personally enjoy the challenge of making the hard choices of what to keep and what to sell so enough space remains in my inventory for picking up stuff.

On the other hand, say you have a set item, or a unique, or a really good rare that you know you shouldn't sell to an NPC. If you have no intention of ever using that item again yourself (or at least with that character), it seems to me that it might be reasonable to store such items on a mule character (whose sole purpose is to carry those items).

I currently am not using any mules, but if the items I'm offering in the trading forum don't get claimed in the next few days, I might consider creating a mule to hold them for long term storage. I had one mule when I played D1, but I didn't end up using it much.

Any thoughts? (please post all replies about the items I'm offering over on the trading forum - that forum needs a jump start anyway)

2. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    hehe, I have every intention of using storage characters. My PC will be my mule set-up. Want to get a good collection going, mostly for trading and building sets.

------------------
    "A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic"

3. Kwijibo

Kwijibo Peasant

Market Rating:
    I got a joke about mules.

A man walked up to a mule vender and asked him what time it was, the mule vender squatted down and began to squeeze and roll the mule's balls in his hand. After a few moments he stood up and replied, 10:30. The man exclaimed "wow!", how did you do that?
    The mule Vender replied " there is a clock on the wall behind you."

Heeheehee I am the king [​IMG]

------------------
    Help, Ive fallen and I can't reach my beer!

[This message has been edited by Kwijibo (edited 07-27-2000).]

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ROFL @ Kwijibo! [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm gonna kill you 'til you're dead!

5. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>On the other hand, say you have a set item, or a unique, or a really good rare that you know you shouldn't sell to an NPC. If you have no intention of ever using that item again yourself (or at least with that character), it seems to me that it might be reasonable to store such items on a mule character (whose sole purpose is to carry those items).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two solutions:

a) give it away to newbies. It balances all the bad karma from the lusers that hack the game.

b) give it away to clan members. I would think this is preferred, especially with cool stuff like good amulets. rings, rares and armor...

------------------
    I say we nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

6. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    -------------------
    b) give it away to clan members. I would think this is preferred, especially with cool stuff like good amulets. rings, rares and armor...
    --------------------

That's what I've been doing so far. People who can use what I have are on the channel often enough that making a mule hasn't been necessary. I've already unloaded a unique weapon with +1 sorceress skills (and fast cast) a rare 12 slot belt with some decent modifiers and several set items.

There is such a thing as karma, however, because Shadow recently hooked me up with a +1 barb skils and +5 life regen amulet that has really made my week.

(BTW - find item is a waste of a skill point IMO, but the death ward skill looks like it might have its uses)

7. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by olon97:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's worthwile later on, especially if you put a couple of points into it. I found a templar plate with it... 587 def. Myself, I'm still working toward whirlwind. One more level...

------------------
    I say we nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Hitometer: 53,811,989 since 1995