Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

ToEP or ZHC

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Scorpion, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    From what I've heard (rumors from my guildies) in the next patch 1.10 you cannot activate both trinkets at the same time. When you do, there will be an error msg like when you're trying to cast a lower rank buff on someone with a higher rank buff already, i.e. "A more powerful spell is already activated" msg. So I'm wondering which trinket is better once they do implement this. ZHC or ToEP? I already have ZHC and was thinking if I should spend dkp trying to get ToEP since my guild is only doing MC every other Monday now that AQ is open for us. Any thoughts?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    They look about the same to me, but ZHC has better burst in beginning. Stick with ZHC.

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    ZHC since you'll only use the bonus for one or two spells anyways.

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I've seen that rumor too, but so far as I know no one from Blizzard has comfirmed it. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

That said, I agree, stick with the ZHC. Your first 3 casts will all have a higher boost than ToEP, and the 4th will be equal to it. Frontloaded damage is better.

That's of course not factoring in the casting time effect on + spell damage. Seems with ZHC it would be better to lead with your longer casting spells and then the scorches and instants as the trinket nears the end of it's duration.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    If you can't get more than 1 or 2 spells off in 20 secs you're doing something wrong.

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm not fire spec'd so I don't scorch. Frostbolts crits for 2400 dmg though with ZHC activated (no AP, 28 arc/23 frost).

And yea, I get about 7-9 spells off during the ZHC period. There's a max of 8 charges on ZHC and I see it count down for each spell.

The problem with ZHC is that every spell casted will reduce the bonus. So even if they resisted the spell you'd lose the bonus. And if the mob/player happens to die when your spell goes off, it counts towards the spell lose because you actually casted the spell. I haven't seen ToEP in action yet so I can't say anything about how that functions.

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah resists suck, nothing irritates me more than my AP'd Pyroblast getting resisted.

Anyway, ToEP seems pretty simple to me, +175 for 15 secs. Same as AP only with a set amount rather than a percentage. Shorter cooldown, no diminishing returns, but shorter duration and smaller up front damage.

I'd take either (or both). When our coops finally kill Hakkar I'll be winning that roll.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:

Hitometer: 53,850,099 since 1995