Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

To the Baron in 45 Minutes

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Beowulf, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Beowulf

Beowulf MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    So I got a request to dust off my sword-and-board and tank this for some friends last night. And man-o-man were they dusty (my sword-and-board skills that is). We made a couple attempts, and were unable to complete it. I had managed to do it once previously with myself, Arisen, Sinner, Bladehunter, & Gnomekicker (Mage, Priest, Rogue, Hunter, Warrior).

Since so many have had or are still having trouble with this, I thought I'd try to consolidate some information and tips on getting through this.

First thing (although obvious to some) is that you must continuously pull. Occationally leave just enough gap in combat for one caster to start drinking, and the other four keep fighting. Bandage often to conserve healer's mana, hunter's FD then eat and drink for a few ticks to heal and mana; don't be afraid to use your cooldowns everytime they are up (like evocation).

I've found a couple minor variations on these times, but here are the average general concensus:
    Zig 1 Down by 37-35 mins left
    Zig 2 Down by 28-27 mins left
    Zig 3 Down by 22-19 mins left
    Inside the Gate for the Abominations 16 mins left
    Ramstein down very minimum 5 mins left

A couple things to note, whether you have the timer buff/debuff or not, the timer is running; and you'll be able to complete the quest. You must engage the Baron within the 45 minutes (not kill him; you'll obviously need to kill him, but the timer stops when you engage him).

Some preparation runs through Strath to collect Stratholme Holy Water could be extremely useful. Additionally, consider getting all the buffs you can; like potions, flasks, weapon oils, weapon stones, Cache of Mau'ari items, and Blasted lands items (from Lynnore and Drazial).

This is designed to be the quest for the casual gamer to get a chance at epic loot. But the primary problem I see (on the OBoards anyway) is that the casual gamer is not treating this like the semi-epic event that it is. A casual gamer with mostly blues and a few greens should be treating this like their smaller version of a Ragnoros fight; and thus pulling out all the stops to buff themselves.

Here's a map with a path...

[​IMG]

Spots to note...
    When first entering...
    • Leave the ghouls on the left and right, and work straight to the pair across the sqare near the wagon.
    • Clear the two humanoids to the left of that pair of ghouls, and pull the Baroness there.
    Next...
    • Be sure to pull Nerub way back, and avoid the group to the right of his ziggurat.
    • Stick hard to the right wall all the way around from Nerub till just before Moleki.
    • Cross the street just after the fountain before pulling Moleki.
    Almost there...
    • Skip the Magistrate, but be sure to take the two ghouls near him, to the right of the gate (instead of the group of four on the left of the gate).
    • Be sure to look for the abomination that is pathing toward you, as they actually do come in an order; once you know its the right one, pull him asap to keep it moving.

A couple other time saver tips...
    • If your mage has a key, have someone open the gate that starts the timer; the second it is open the mage should blink and be running for the next gate and have it almost open by the time the rest of the group catches up. And/or hunter with Aspect of Pack on helps.
    • A mage with a PW:S and Mana Shield on should be able to solo the ziggurats; round them up with a couple Arcane Explosions, then a Cone of Cold, Frost Nova, Blizzard, and finish with Arcane Explosions (you'll walk out about 25% health and mana; but the other four can have cleared 2 or 3 mobs while you're in there) Watch your agro range when entering and exiting!
    • A priest can solo the bug trap with Holy Nova.

Jakeman likes this.
  2. Beowulf

Beowulf MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Another thing I discussed briefly with Cal last night is the "death run."

In this the most likely location is from Moleki to the Abomination gate. If you have a warlock, after downing Moleki and the zigg, make sure the priest is soulstoned. Then make a suicide run for the gate; everyone has to get there though; if hunter can FD and rouge Vanish to save on down time that's even better). You've gotta get up super fast though, and start pulling. This can shave 5-8 minutes.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Thanks again for inviting me along; if you want my dusty skills, I'd be happy to come back and help again. But honestly, if you can find someone more current on their warrior skills you'll probably have better luck.

Let me know. And good luck to you all!

-Beowulf

-aka Bao

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good tips. Unfortunately the precursor to the Cache of Mau'ari quest is broken, the shards on the ground are unlootable. You can still get them by killing the giants, it just takes longer, and it's a heavily camped area.

I can make more Brilliant Mana Oil for the healers and Wizard Oil for Firemane and the other casters. Melee classes should consider getting some Solid Sharpening Stones.

Also I've gotten my cooking and fishing leveled up enough to make Smoked Sagefish for its well fed buff. Have to level some more to make Sagefish Delight, but every little bit of mana regen will help. Different foods have buffs, like +STR, that will help the melee classes.

Thanks for the help Beo, keep the sword and board dusted off. We may need it. :D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  5. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Other buffs that will help, Crystal Restore (10 Yellow and Green, North Pylon) and Crystal Force (10 Red and Green, West Pylon) from Un'Goro...I farm these for every raid I go on.

Also you can buy Alcohol from the Drunk DM Ogre after tribute and the Stam buff stacks with Scrolls and Food buffs....

Farm Felwood for Whipperoot Tubers and Nightdragons Breath so you have Health/Mana pots on different timers

edit: if your Priest is on thier A game a Rogue might be better dps than a Paladin

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Isn't that overwritten by the Divine Spirit buff?

7. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    you are right..

Crystal Ward should be the 200 armor...
    Crystal Spire is dmg shield like Droods Thorns
    Crystal Charge are like Enginerring Bombs (fire based)

8. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i tried doing this today with my alt rogue, and made the mistake of bringing too solid of a tank without any sources of non-physical damage. the baroness mind controlled him THREE TIMES. he owned us :(

that'll teach me to not invite a mage :worried:

9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Should have known that already. :p

10. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    They let me bring out my Bone Reavers during that fight once. That was the fight she MCed me. I... I think I cut our mage in half.

11. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    heh, well the guy who got mind controlled was a tauren in full wrath with a thunderfury. he raped our faces.

12. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good God. If you can't get to the Baron in 45 minutes with that kind of gear, delete your characters. :p

Hitometer: 53,596,013 since 1995