Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

To all iPod owners

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Mentosman24, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was reading Popular Mechanics earlier and saw a thing about the new iPod. They also mentioned a website where you can buy a leather case for it, that clips onto a belt or whatever.

www.jrhillandcompany.com

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    nice ipod thingy :nod:

3. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    My newest desire is to figure out a way to connect the iPod to my current car radio. It is a Kenwood KDC-6011 and it is supposed to be able to have a second CD player or a CD changer connected. So I an trying to figure out if there is such a thing as a CD adaptor to RCA adapter that will allow me to use a ear phone to rca adaptor to connect up to it. That would be the ultimate CD changer. 1000 songs at my fingertips, that is a dream!

4. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    agreed Moose.

they release an adapter to hook the iPod up to your car stereo and I'll be on my way to get both. I'm pretty close to picking up an iPod anyway, but that would cinch it.

5. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just thought I'd mention it.

6. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am thinking that if your car radio has a set of RCA adaptors for input on it you are good as gold. All you would need is the adaptor that goes from the earphones to the left/right male RCa and hook it up. Hit the source button and off you go! I think at least. The instruction manual for my radio says that you can hook up a cd changer or an additional cd player to the stereo. If that is the case, an additional player, there has to be a way for me to connect it and use the CD2 source mode on my radio. I know there has to be away!

7. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am trying to find out if there is an FM modulator that has the ability to accept some form of a cable from the iPod headphone jack. That would solve it all if you could simply put that in line with your antena and just have to hookl up the iPod and tune to the correct station. It seems too simple an answer, therefor, the item can't exist. Darn.

8. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    Auto and I use one of those cassette things for car cd players, they work with the iPod, also there is a cigarette lighter to firewire cable too so your batteries dont die, i found it while i was looking for a leather case, www.drbott.com i think

9. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    It would be great if I had a cassette player to use one of those, but I do not. I am going to try an FM modulator (www.radioshack.com catalog # 12-2051) an see how that works. It is wireless and supposedly (as told by the suggested I get it) works great, cd quality and all. I figure that as long as it works and I do not get any strange humm from the frequency that is put out by the hard drive spinning it will work for me.

I will update you all by the end of the weekend if it goes well. I really don't want to replace the radio and will have get my hands on a firewire/lighter converter. I will check out the site that Jaha suggests.

10. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Better yet I will just order the FM kit from the drbott.com site and see how that work. I am getting really excited about the possibilities!

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
  12. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    My order has been processed and is supposed to ship today. So I may be able to tell you all if the FM kit from DrBott is work the $50 by Tuesday.

13. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    iPod = win?

What about M$Pod? Do you think Bill will be dumb enough to do something like that?

14. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    where are the actual hacks on the site? i can't find em

15. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
  16. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    they do make the rca thingie your talking about, i have one for my home stereo, awating my iPod...but it's too late now, please tell how the fm modulator works out.

17. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hey Jesse here (my mac is down for a bit). www.powermax.com has a FM modulator for $18. Its wireless so all you have is the connection from the iPod to the modulator. It Transmits on a fm freq, tune in your car stereo and you've got music. I might get one just to get rid of the extra wiring with the cassete plug in.

Hitometer: 53,588,799 since 1995