Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Tier .5 Quests

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by JollyRedGiant, Mar 6, 2006.

1. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    Been spending some time on test server getting new set. I currently have finished the first quest for bracer, and am working through the chain for next piece. The way it works is you get one piece at a time, and when you finish one you get the next quest. So far the mats that are required that I have found are 1 delicate arcanate converter, 4 greater eternal essences, 10 stonescale oils, drops from killing frostsabors and bears in winterspring, and ash found in Burning steppes. As i work through the quests i will update the info so we can gather mats before they get ridiculously expensive.

Jakeman likes this.
  2. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Are the mats going to be the same for all classes?

3. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    i think they will be. i know that the mats for bracers are the same.

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Once again, we see Blizzard's answer to "soloable casual" epics is grinding the hell out of stuff.

Not to mention that during peak hours forget getting those mobs to yourself. Winterspring will be busy, better be quick on the tags.

lrn2becreative

5. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    mmm, I see potential to make a killing here...

just like when Arthas's Tears went from 30s a stack to 15g :)

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I've been reading up, one of later quests involves a 45 min Baron clear.

7. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    yea, i heard people looking for that group. that may be a bit of a challenge being that they lowered the cap to 5 people.

8. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I dont know, we have 5 manned the hell out of that place.

9. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    ok, here are the rest of the "mats" that I started with: 10 goblin rocket fuel, 3 mooncloth, 4 cured rugged hide, 4 dark rune, 8 large brilliant shard, 1 flask of supreme power, 20 enchanted leather, 3 dark iron bar. as far as i know, all classes started with the same stuff, so this should be the default upgrade mats for all. in addition to the mats, I started with 150g, the twilight gear (including ring and neck piece), as well as these : cresent key, skeleton key, key to the city, seal of ascention, shadowforge key, signet of beckoning:fire.
    i am assuming you may need keys and twilight for upgrades, but not sure yet. will update when i find out. i would recomend you start stocking up before people start raising prices...but it will be an expensive upgrade for sure.

Jakeman likes this.
  10. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Roughly about 400g worth of mats to do a quest. Hmmm. I'd rather just go buy the BoE MC epics.

Don't think the keys and signet are really that important unless the quests to upgrade involve going to those places. The signet only allows you to select which duke to spawn (fire in this case) instead of getting a random duke and in order to get the signet, you'd have to turn in 10 Twilight Text to the hermit and hopes he send you a scroll to make the signet (again a random chance).

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Are we sure all those mats are required for the quests, or did they just give you that stuff so you could function on the test server? How far have you gotten Red?

BTW, the default mages on the test server are stacked weapon and trinket wise. Staff of the Shadow Flame, ToEP and ZHC, a purple wand, purple rings. Armor wise they have full Magister's so you can do the upgrade quests.

12. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    i have gotten the first piece(on You), and am working through the quest line for the second. every class stats with full tier 0 and epics. as far as i am aware, all classes have the same quests, which require the same mats.

EDIT: for example, after turning in the delicate arcanite converter, greater eternals, and stonescale oils, you get an item that uses goblin rocket fuel to work. you get some rocket fuels when you get the item, but you would need to be efficient at collecting the req stuff with the item. if the spawn areas for the mobs you need to kill isnt farmed, you should be fine with what you are given with the item, otherwise you will need more.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  13. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Is it true that you have to BUY some of the quest items (i.e. whatever item you use the Goblin Rocket Fuel for)? Someone said that the bracers, belt, and gloves quests cost 110g combined, and that's not including whatever gathering mats you have to buy.

If so, that's lame, I rarely have more than 100g on me at any given time.

14. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    the bracers are 20g plus the stuff you collected. the item that uses the rocket fuel costs 40g plus the other mats i listed above. thats as far as i have gotten.

15. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    ok, piece 2 quest update. after you collect the stuff, you kill a named dude in Burning steppes, then have to go to Winterspring (yet again...third time) and buy an item from a vendor in the elite area way south in the area. not really sure how much longer this line will go...but i want to finish this piece tonight. i will edit this when i get further.

EDIT: ok, finished it up. you have to go and spend 50g on another item from the vendor in winterspring (bringing total spent to around 110g...but have gotten about 20g from quest rewards + gold for xp). after returning to tanaris, you are sent back to main quest giver and are given TWO pieces, belt and gloves(gloves = epic). the next chain is the baron one.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  16. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    the actual baron quest is a pain. you have 45 min to baron (not sure if it is to kill or just get to room...i didnt get that far in the instance). the main thing for this is that EVERYONE has to be on their game, otherwise you wipe. if done well, it shouldnt be all that hard, but managable pulls, for example, are crutial for the success of the run. just wanted to relay the info to those who may be interested in doing the upgrade.

17. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have zero doubt that a 5-man MSC group could do it.

18. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    i completely agree.

19. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Here is a thread detailing the final boss of all this tier 0.5 stuff. A brand new boss in Beast's room in UBRS.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-realm-test&T=170829&P=1

They managed to kill him on the test server, he drops a nice blue staff which they have link to on the first post in that thread. (Keep in mind the test server characters are twinked quite a bit.)

20. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    UBRS is now 10-man right?

Hitometer: 53,589,910 since 1995