Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Tier 0 Set Upgrade Project

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Firemane got the last piece of the Magister's set last night, so her next goal will be to upgrade the set to Sorcerer's. (Bracers already done.)

Later on in the upgrade chain you get such fun tasks as killing Baron Rivendare in 45 minutes, and killing a new boss in UBRS. Sounds like fun to me, but it'll be more efficient if we have multiple people doing those quests together so we all get credit at the same time.

So, I'd like to put together a team that will work on this. First goal will be to get everyone their tier 0 sets, or at least the BOE items (bracers, gloves, belt), which is what you need to get started. If you want to participate, post here with what Tier 0 pieces you still need.

Once I know who's in, I'll schedule some runs for everyone to get, at a minimum, the BOE Tier 0 gear. Next job will be for everyone to get those pieces upgraded. Then we'll be ready for some Baron pwnage. After that we'll work on getting the rest of the BOP pieces and proceed from there.

One special loot rule I will impose on these runs: BOE greed blues and ALL BOE epics will be sold at the AH and the money split equally between the participants of that particular run. The upgrade quests require a significant outlay of funds, and we want everyone to be able to do them. So, I apologize in advance if the Skullflame Shield or Elemental Mage Staff you've always wanted drops, but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

2. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I would be interested. I have a quite a few Tier 0 gear that I still need. From your list, I would need the gloves and I believe the bracers, but not sure on that one. I already have my belt. I'm so far behind, and I would understand if you want to take someone that's farther along than I am. I also have limited playing time. I can only play at night when my son goes to bed, or else he's on my lap smacking the keyboard. :)

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    So that's your excuse when I don't get any heals? :p

Doesn't matter how far along you are, we'll get you caught up. You're in. In fact, anyone who is of sufficient level to enter DM/Strath/Scholo/BRS is in if they want to be, even if they have no Tier 0 yet.

So, Chanta, you have the belt and you got the sandals last night. You think you may have the bracers. That leaves robes, crown, mantle, leggings, and gloves. Not a problem.

Keep in mind that BOEs can be AH purchased, that's how Fire got her bracers and belt in fact. Up to the person if they want to get them that way, I'm just putting it out there as a possibility.

4. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    I only need my robe on You for full set. I am also going through the quest for the 2nd set of upgrades if people are up to that point and want to work together just let me know.

EDIT: This is a yes to joining the upgrade group :)

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    All I have now is the Belt and Gloves - but I'll go along wherever. I'll look at buying the Bracers.

6. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:

Yeah. So if you see me acting weird and just jumping and running in circles, it's my son trying to play me.

I have my Devout mantle also. So I have the Sandals, mantle and belt I believe. I will let you know in game.

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    If you mean the ectoplasm collector, I know Cal is on that. The Silithus ghosts are a pain in the butt as they spawn two silithid when they die.

As soon as I get my hands on a Delicate Arcanite Converter I can start that as well.

For those who don't know, if you have the bracers you can do the first quest starting just inside the door of the IF throne room. Actually you can start the quest without the bracers, you just can't finish it.

8. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I am not doing tier 0.5, but I am available to help if you need.

And if you start talking dirty then we know it's Delph. ;p

9. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I just need the tunic but that is the last thing in the quest line. ill help when needed.

10. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Members so far, based on posts here and in game convo:

Firemane (has full set)
    Jaden (DPS machine not doing upgrades, but willing to help)
    Calendryll (needs Beaststalker's Tunic)
    Chanta (needs Devout Crown, Robe, Gloves, Skirt, Bracers)
    Choco (has full set)
    Twerg/Gignoskein (not sure what he needs on either character)
    Shack (not sure what he needs)
    Youneedme/Redhunt (needs Devout Robe for priest, not sure if hunter is playing)
    Elbereth (need Magister's Robe, Bindings, Mantle, Leggings, Crown)

Did I miss anyone? Get any item needs wrong?

Add a warrior and we've got a pretty decent 10 man here. Mage power FTW. :) (Paging Agarwaen, Agarwaen to Azeroth, STAT.)

Also, Fujin if you're around we could use you, you know you want Deathmist...

11. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I think Agar said he was gonna be MIA for another 2 weeks at least.

12. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    So what are the required mats/money for each piece, and in what order?

13. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Sorry i havent been on for a week, I took a week vacation after i quit my job :)...
    I have all my dreadmist outfit and i would like to get the new outfit!!!!

14. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
  15. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I got the tunic tonight. My set is complete and waiting for upgrade. :)

16. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    :banana:

17. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Just wanted to update the progress:

Fujin has his whole D1 set, but I'm not sure if he's done Phase 1 of the chain yet. It's super easy, just have to grind Frostsabers for a bit and you get your bracer upgrade. The quest is An Earnest Proposition.

Chanta, Shack, Agarwaen, and Elbereth are somewhere in Phase 2 of the chain, the big quest of which is Hunting for Ectoplasm. After that you kill a wussy named elemental in the Burning Steppes, and then you'll have to buy a Fel Elemental Rod (50g) in Winterspring. Then you can upgrade your gloves and belt (if you have them), completing Phase 2. Glove upgrade is epic. I know Shack and Chanta are still trying to get their D1 gloves. Not sure about Agar's status with gloves and belt. Elb has both.

I believe Twerg has completed the Phase 2 quests, but just needs his gloves from Timmy the Cruel so he can continue. I don't know where Gignoskein (Twerg's alt) is in all of this.

Youneedme and Choco are on Dead Man's Plea, the infamous 45 minute Baron run. This is the first step in Phase 3. After this is a few gathering/farming quests.

Calendryll and Firemane are up to The Challenge, which is the last step in Phase 3. Once we complete it we get the upgrades to our boots (epic), legs, and shoulders.

Phase 4 is the final push to Lord Valthalak for the head and chest pieces, both of which will be epic. Involves a lot of gathering from elite mobs, and fighting new mini bosses in various rooms throughout the end game dungeons. Eventually you end up with an amulet that lets you summon Lord Valthalak in UBRS, who is the final boss of the entire chain. Would be awesome if all 10 of us mentioned in this post could do it together, but that will probably depend on how lucky we are with D1 set drops for those who still need them.

Any corrections?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
    Jakeman likes this.
  18. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    No i haven't started on the whole quest chain. I'm waiting to see if my college classes and Job is going to give me time to raid with you guys more. I think i might be getting the graveyard shift or swing shift so i wouldnt be able to do the raids at night but ill just wait and see on how things end up....

19. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well you can solo your way through the first two parts and get the belt, bracers, and gloves upgraded. We can take you through Baron on the weekends.

20. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I finished the Ectoplasm quests so I am on the "Baron 45" quest for the boots and leggings. Unfortunately I don't have any more Valor set pieces because I either stopped looking for them or destroyed them a while ago.

On another note, I finally got my cable internet at my place in Vegas so I should be able to play during most schedualled runs. (At least until I get a job)

See you guys online!

Hitometer: 53,596,021 since 1995