Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Thoughts on Karazhan - Moroes <Tower Steward>

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Twerg, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Could someone confirm my thoughts on the use of the following macro for Karazhan in general and Moroes in particular? With Aikea having one hand in a cast, I thought it might be helpful for crowd control. Plus, it could probably be easily applied to Palys and Hunters by changing their casted spell.

Prior to entering combat, type the function /focus while targeting the mob you want to shackle. Then, using the following macro, you can always shackle your ghost without having to ever change targets.

/clearfocus [modifier:shift]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,noexists]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /script SetRaidTarget("focus", 5)
    /cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead

Palies can change this to Turn Undead for chain fearing the mobs and Hunters can change this to which ever shot they use to pull mobs to a new ice trap for chain trapping.

I have some questions about the code though.

/clearfocus [modifier:shift] !-- Clears focus when holding shift and clicking anywhere on screen, right?

/clearfocus [target=focus,dead] !-- Clears focus when the mob dies, right?

/clearfocus [target=focus,noexists] !-- Clears focus if the mob no longer exists, right?

/focus [target=focus,noexists] !-- This line seems dangerous because if you don't have a target, won't it clear the focus? Is this line redundant as it sets the focus to a target that doesn't exist, therefore clearing the focus?

/script SetRaidTarget("focus", 2) !-- This line maybe questionable to include. Seems only applicable if the player is the raid/party leader, but applies the Orange Circle icon to the focused target (as well as clearing the icon when focus is cleared), right? Icon values from 0 to 8 are, 0 = no icon, 1 = Yellow 4-point Star, 2 = Orange Circle, 3 = Purple Diamond, 4 = Green Triangle, 5 = White Crescent Moon, 6 = Blue Square, 7 = Red "X" Cross, 8 = White Skull.

/cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead !-- Casts Shackle Undead on the focused mob?

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this as and any patience with my lack of scripting knowlegde.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  2. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Blessing of Protection to cleanse Garrote?

It seems that Garrote: After reappearing from vanish he will immediately garrote someone, dealing 1000 damage every 3 seconds for five minutes, a total of 100k damage, is one of Moroes' more dangerous abilities and that Blessing of Protection (BoP) will debuff the bleed effect. I have some talent points in this so my cooldown is only 3 minutes. Also, I can cast another blessing on the target to debuff the BoP so the target will only be out of combat for a second (due to casting timer). It seems this would save a lot of healing, but requires an off tank to be on Moroes for that second. Is this a tactic we should employ?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  3. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
  4. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    for the focus thing, i do a simplified version. i just type /focus on my shackle target everytime, and my macro is a simple
    /cast [target=focus] shackle undead
    /cast shackle undead
    but what you've figured out about that macro is about what i would have said.

for the garrote thing, dwarves stoneform also removes debuff, so that should be used first. secondly, tanks should not get BoP'd, just let them eat the debuff because healing them a little extra isnt as big a deal due to about 7k more HP than say You. Shack should be coming so that would be 2 Blessings, so hopefully that will remove Garrote from the picture (for the most part).

there will be 2 tanks on moroes at all times, when killing adds we will be "kiting" or just ranged dpsing. the MS warrior needs a real tank so we will be attempting to chain Shackle until Moroes is dead so Agar can tank him (that is if we even get him, random adds).

Hitometer: 53,587,261 since 1995