Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Theft on the rise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    all because of Christmas. I find it extremely ****ed up (did the language filters get that?) that theft goes up around this time of year because people find it necessary to steel presents and regift (a Seinfeld term) them to others. The only thing I can think of that could drive people to do this is social pressure to do so. People feel obligated to get people gifts even if they can't afford it and must steel gifts. It's really sad that Christmas has been twisted into its current materialistic form over the years. [​IMG]

I've had two different customers come into CompUSA the last week having to buy the same computer system from me again because their's got stolen by some one that broke into their house. So sad. These are the first two instances in the last 7 months I've worked there. These two instances both happened at the beginning of the Christmas season.
    ------------------
    lamo mac boy

[This message has been edited by Jakeman (edited 12-04-2000).]

2. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    I doubt that they are stealing them to give them as gifts. They are most likly stealing them so they can sell them to people at a much lower price then the first person paid for it. Seeing as how the theives did not pay for it anyway, any price they sell it at is a profit

------------------
    "The most simple way to get a person to laugh is to only say one word, that word is of course, Penis" - The collected works of Jake Maurer (aka Hannibal)

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    yeah Hannibal's right... nobody in their right mind would want to keep a PC. and the macs that get stolen... those go for a premium.

------------------
    The only difference between me and Steve Jobs is that he is a god.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    forgot to mention - the computer was a new iBook special edition, 466MHz. (the one with DVD)

------------------
    lamo mac boy

5. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Nice system. Probably teenagers actually. You scum of the earth [​IMG]. What's the world coming to. BTW christmas has always been this way, it is just that we are much more consumer oriented now then a 100 years ago. Take a look at half the posts you guys have put up, and think about how much stuff you have compared to how much stuff your grandparents probably had when they were your age. We are driven by what we own now. And we desire to own the best of everything. There's nothing wrong with this as long as you maintain. Always maintain. Think of walking into a 7-11 after smoking a phat budda of the dankest **** and trying not to binge on the doritos and the slurpee machine. That's all it is. Don't glutton, and you'll be fine.

Hitometer: 53,850,643 since 1995