Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

The Tekken thread

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Eupfhoria, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Eupfhoria

Eupfhoria Peasant

Market Rating:
    Tekken kicked a.ss... although I no longer have a playstation I used t play tekken alot and got quite good with yoshimitsu and (it's been so long I forget his name) the supercop guy with all the stances. that guy just kicked as.s.

My friend always played the ninja guy who wore the white suit and kicked alot.

yeah I don't remember the specifics, just how much fun i had getting gamers thumb trying to play it.

2. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    There is only 1 nija in there, that's kunimitsu and she's not dressed in white.

3. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    hey hey hey yoshi's a ninja to. i play tekken 3 on my VGS i use yoshi ogre and king mainly, lei's cool to but im not very good with him. the guy that kicks alot is Bob (his name is hwoarang or something but everyone calls him bob cause his real name is impossible to spell)

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I liked that guy with the flat top haircut, I wanna say his name was Bruce but that's probably wrong. You beat your enemy until they fall over, then as they stand up you do his wind-up punch, 90% of the time it's an instant K.O.

--Haite

5. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    that dides paul and that strat only works on scrubs (newbies), but against them its damn funny. paul is quite easy to be good with though. and his qcf, 2 (roll joistick from down to forward and hit right punch just as you push forward) is damn cheesy (and good)

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Isn't that where he dives into the enemy like head first? You can of course run towards the enemy while they get up and do that move instead. Obviously more effective then doing a wind-up punch.

--Haite

7. Eupfhoria

Eupfhoria Peasant

Market Rating:
    yoshi kicked fat ass... all his sword moves and stuff... like when he made his hand spin not letting anyone get by...loved that move, and of course the flea move against the little orange dinosuar dude (who also kiked as... gon right?)

8. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    now what's the story behind king...i could never figure it out from the intro movies

9. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    haite: the move is called phenix smasher or deathfist i think. what he does is he cruches and dashes forward (while crouching) then at the and stands and punches doing mondo dmg with good range

aleld: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekkentag/faq/ttt-history.txt find the king section, you'll found out more than you ever wanted to know.

10. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    XiaoYu's art of phoenix can evade all paul's attack except the sweep, nice eh? well if you do a little movement, it will hit you. But it's quite nice cause she couldn't evade mid attacks in previous fighting.

11. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    btw yoshi is a samurai, and kuni is ninja because she has a nija star.

12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Argh, why'd you go and post that link? Now I'm going to read the whole thing...

--Haite

13. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I'm pretty sure yoshi's prfile says he's a mechanized space ninja maybe not though. can king still crouchthrow art of the pheonix, i know he could in tekken3. (the arcade that was supposed to get tekken 4 in my area hasnt got it yet so i cant play :()

Haite: MUHAHAHAHAHAHA (I read it all to :p)

14. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    He probably could get my Xiaoyu out of phoenix with a low grab, seems that any low attack could get her out of position, but no mid attack have ever got me if I don't do anything (stay in AoP).

15. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    DOA2 has its strongpoints, too....it's much more bouncier ;) especailly when you set your age as 99

16. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Is Tekken 4 anything like Tekken Tag Team? That game was fun :).

--Haite

17. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    tekken 4 isnt a tag game. it has lots of new features though like walls and obsticles and stuff

18. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    going from TTT to tekken 4 is a big change. They've toned down the Mishimas, but Kazuya is still very strong. It is a lot more 3D and there is a side walk(not side step) command, so if you hold down, you won't get crouch but side walk, up works the same, so you have to do d/f or d/b to be able to crouch.

Walls are great stuff, you get get beaten up badly if you don't know how to handle it. But you can kick everyone's ass if you know how to take advantage of hit. Oh and there is a universal wall kick off move. if you get stuck, you go b,b,u/b and your guy will jump off the wall and kick the opponent.

19. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Soul Calibur is THE fighting game. It ownz SF, DOA, VF, & Tekken. And there is a movie planned (hopefully not as bad as SF or MK) and I think SC2 has been announced for all three major consoles (PS2, X-box, and GC). ha! beat that suckers!!!

20. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I forgot something, Yoshi is in SC, he still has most of his moves, but the control system is different, so the moves aren't done the same way.

Hitometer: 53,597,507 since 1995