Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

the more things change

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Onisama, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    That's sort of what I thought too. Speaking of trading: I'm not much into the trading market, so I have no idea what stuff is worth. When I trade I do more of a need-based analysis. (I need this, you need that, let's trade.) I traded an Iceblink for a Silks the other week, and right after that the guy laughed and said "Haha I just ripped you off, you can get three or four stones for a Iceblink." I didn't care. I wanted the Silks for my Dagger Necro, I had an extra Blink, so I traded. It was fair to me. I have better things to do than spend time researching the market. Anyway, I digress...

I will keep that lance for my "silly" lancer. (If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. He is ridiculously easy to play.) I just killed NM Diablo with him last night. Ready for some Hell action.

I read this somewhere too. They didn't bother changing the animation, so it looks like he spins just as fast. It looks like there's only three or four frames in that animation anyway, so that sounds like a plausible explanation. A slower animation would just look choppy.

By the way, something we may need to keep in mind are the repair costs for these new uber items. Some earlier screenies show repair costs in the 6 to 7 digit range, and I have heard no indication that they are not for real. Maybe that's how Blizzard intends to control the proliferation of the new items.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:

Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up.

I hate it when people say that.

3. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    hmm, the last time I checked, stones were ridiculously cheap. I would do an Iceblink for Silks (and vice versa) trade if I had an extra. Unfortunately, I have neither. Anyway, I digress...

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    :evil:

evil oni, evil

Anyways, you guys aren't even using "i digress" in its proper context. Go to www.dictionary.com and learn how to use a word before you type it.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i hate people who dictate value, no matter the circumstances.

fyi: on uswest ice is worth one stone, no more, no less.

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Ahem, Iam the grammar master around here...

The definition found at the website Cow referenced. Simplistic, but adequate to serve my purposes. If Cow would be so kind as to review my post, he will note that the trading market was not the main subject of the thread. My comments on trading were an aside to the main topics, which are expansion pack changes and elite items. When I talk about trading in this thread, I "swerve" from the main topics. Hence, I digress. Correctly defined, correctly used. So there. :p

7. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Booyaaa

8. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    BTW Lurk, work sucks today. That damn refer alarm is going off every 14 minutes. God it is annoying. I hope they do something about that tomorrow.

9. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    the low minumun stat requirements on war pikes will also leave a HUGE void where these cookie cutters may have to think for themselves, if they put all the points in vitality, they wont hit a damn thing, if they put it all in str for armor, they wont hit anything and they wont have any life, and so on... OH NO! now they have to think for themselves! and lurk, i have an extra 259 lance with +254AR you can borrow

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    No comment :D

11. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Wow, they have an alarm at your job that catches people smoking weed?

12. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    hehe, yep, special alarm. :laugh:

13. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    sigh... :suspect:

Hitometer: 53,586,606 since 1995