Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

The "Lull"

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I agree with that quote - the game pushes people to that end. For that reason I don't blame people for "leaving their friends" (as the quote puts it). Most people who leave do so on good terms.

I also agree that end-game raids only delay the lull. A friend of mine in a raid guild on a PvP server has been experiencing intermittant lulls as he gets the items he has always wanted. Then Blizzard strings him along with new epics. Blues do the same thing, but at least they are less painful to attain.

2. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I am planning to try some ZG after I graduate this semester.

3. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh no I agree Agar. I was just generalizing so to speak. I am not saying I wouldnt like to go because new places are always fun. It was more of a grass is always greener statement.

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Joint raids to ZG will likely fail. Just because they're for 20 people and not 40 doesn't guarantee them to be any easier. The bosses all take a lot of coordination and teamwork and a lot of practice. (Come on, Hakkar drops a guaranteed two epics! How easy did you think it would be?)

I do know a guild that does joint ZG raids and has actually had some success. If you see Hyeung from Arcanium ingame, ask him about doing a joint ZG or MC run; they are in a similar boat as MSC but they have more people and some experience.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I don't think we will fail. I am an able raid leader. All that is required is practice.

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    ZG isn't too bad if you get the people to show consistantly.

Heck, MC is easy as long as you get 40 people together.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Not true. Coordination is the key. When fighting Baron Geddon for example... if ONE PERSON explodes in the middle of the raid, it's a 25% chance of wipe. Every person has to be on his toes and know how to react to each of the massive boss debuffs in MC... not all of them can be decursed.

Similar thing goes for the spider boss in ZG. You can't pingpong like some people say; you have to have the tank by the casters taunt her off and pull her back to the MT. An inexperienced priest might run away for fear of AOE when she gets near, leaving the MT to die and wipe the raid.

Raid bosses arent 'hard'. They just take more coordination and have a lot less room for error by individuals; for any wipe in BWL or MC there is a single person that can usually be blamed for it. It gets to a point in where if a one person steals agro from the tank, or blows up in the wrong spot, or doesn't pull the right mob at the right time, it's all over. Thinking that you're only one in 20, and that your failure or death won't affect the raid, is a bad assumption.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Yes, coordination is required. We all know that. You state the obvious as if we stand for the opposite. Haite knows you can't zerg MC.

Why don't you wish us luck and spare us the demotivating lectures.

Got advice for us? Great! Deliver it in a constructive form.

9. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I think by now we all know our rolls in this game, so as long as we have a good leader like Jaden we will do fine. Its not like everyone is a moron who doesn't know how to play, especially in guilds who are confident enough to do raids. We might wipe a few times as we get the feel for raids but give people some credit. There's a big difference between a Realist and a Pessimist. Big raid guilds aren't the only ones who can raid.

10. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    hakkar is actually very easy due to the nature of the fight. if you can do a healing rotation on the main tank you win.

11. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    We've already beat at least 2 of the bosses with a pug.

12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    And Intense + other guilds have beaten a lot more. It's very doable.

13. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hakkar is easy indeed. Don't even need a healing rotation, just one priest with Innvervate avery once in a while. But if you let him lifedrain you without poison just once, it's probably over.

I think he's actually easier to master than some of the other ZG bosses - especially Jin'do. A coordinated group could get him after a couple tries.

I was impressed with the way you handled that Roman'khan group Jake. Agar was a perfect tank for the job, and with me keeping him alive? unstoppable :) You could probably lead a MC run as long as people didn't freak out from pulling too fast.

When you say that I am talking as if you want to zerg the place, I think you misunderstand. It's not one leader - it's the trust in group members that I claim won't be there in a joint run. That will come in time after enough joint runs with the same people, and that takes organization, and by then you could be considered a de-facto raid guild no matter how big the affiliate groups are. See who you can get to come, and come repeatedly.

Hitometer: 53,596,959 since 1995