Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

The longest week of my life...

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by dcwilson26, Apr 15, 2006.

1. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    [Takes a deep breath]

So last Friday I moved into my new condo in Las Vegas. I had sent an online order to Cox Cable the previous week to set up cable TV, 4mb cable internet and cable phone service. I requested that Saturday for installation in hopes that I could get everything set up right away. HA! I should have known better than to be optimistic. The night before I move I get an email saying that my condo is not set up for "emergency services" and therefore my order is on hold. Not knowing what the hell this is, I call Cox Cable to see whats up. Apparently, they cannot install phone service unless the local 911 Emergency has your address on record (don't ask me why). So my WHOLE order was delayed until they could verify that my condo (which was brand new) actually existed. The next day I call again and they say that my address was verified and the order was processed, and that they will EMAIL me to let me know when my service is to be done. GREAT! Considering I am moving the next day and I won't have internet. So anyway, I load the moving van with my dad and brother and get a good night's sleep before the "day of hell". The next day I wake up at 7am and along with my parents, I set out on the 5 hour drive to Vegas. My dad and I spend the whole day carrying heavy ass boxes, beds, dressers, etc. up the narrow, akward staircase leading to my 2nd story loft while my mom does nothing but order us around and fix up the kitchen the way SHE wants it. For the next few days my dad and I put stuff together, move stuff around, and go to the store and back to get new stuff to lug up the stairs. The weekend passes and still no Cable guy so on Monday, as my dad drives back home leaving me alone with my mom, I call Cox. I get some prick who doesn't know what he's doing to tell me that they are really busy and that my cable won't be installed until Friday around 3-5pm. So I ask him if there is any earlier time and he says that he can move it to Thursday from 3-5pm. GREAT! That way I can go home for the Easter holiday on Friday morning and take my mom with me. But until then, I am stuck with my bossy, over-protective mom with no cable tv, no internet, no phone and only one car... oh yeah, and no furnature because the couch and love seat I ordered was on back order until April 20th. The next three days were the longest days of my life. But I've got good news! No, I didn't save a bunch of money on my car insurance... its Thursday and the cable is coming! YAY! So I call Cox to make sure they are coming on time and I get some lady who obviously knows what she is doing, unlike the other prick. She says that my appointment isn't until Friday from 3-5pm and that the time was never changed. F#$%! One more long ass day doing nothing with my mom. But Friday comes and at 3pm sharp, the Cox Cable guy arrives. He lugs all his stuff in and I move all the furnature to make it easier for him to install everything. After about 15 minutes outside at the cable box on the side of the house, he comes back in and says, and I quote... "I have really, really bad news." LOL! Its starting to get funny now. Apparently when you are angry for a long enough time, stuff starts to become funny again. So he explains that the cable line has no power coming into the building. The line must have been cut on accident or something worse. He says that there is nothing he can do today but that a Cable Repairman will come out the next day and fix the cable line into the house. And finally for some good news, I don't have to be home for that to happen so I can, at long last, go home for Easter. So the guy calls Cox Cable to set up another appointment when he can come out. The cable lady explains that they are really busy and the next available time for installation is the following Saturday (April 22nd). ROFLMAO! Now I am just busting up laughing since my anger emotion has apparently been fried. So the next morning I pack some clothes, and drive my mom and myself back home for the holiday.

So here I am at my parents' house, finally with some internet, tv, phone, couch, etc. And I have to go back up there on the 19th so I can have my furnature delivered. Which means another three days at my place without any means to have fun or contact the outside world. At least this time I will be alone so it won't be all bad.

[Breathes out]

So if you have been wondering if I fell off the face of the earth, this is to let you know that I am still alive. I hope to see you all online on the 22nd. But the way things have been going, don't count on it! LOL!

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Quite a post. Good to know you are still around, and despite the little hang ups sounds like you are doing well. Moving is a bitch, next time I do it I'm paying someone to do it for me.

Do you know where you'll be working yet? I'll come out to Vegas and play some poker so you can deal to me. (I tip well.)

Still on for the MSC Memorial Day picnic at your place, right? :D

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    damn dude :blank:

4. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Damn I was getting a head ache just reading that stuff! :) It’s good to know you’re still alive and pissed off! I hope Vegas works out for you or turn you into a gambling fool.

Attached Files:

5. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    jeez...and I thought waiting for my beauty to come was bad

6. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I will be on and off while using my dad's computer until Tuesday. Then lets all hope my internet comes on the 22nd so I can start playing consistantly again.

Hitometer: 53,811,423 since 1995