Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

The Beltway Sniper's Identity Revealed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cowofwar, Oct 22, 2002.

1. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    No one under 18 can win the lottery. From what you said, you could only mean that adults have a lesser chance of being shot than winning the lottery. And that's false.

2. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    It means that our children are not safe.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Peasant

Market Rating:
    :bonk:

So when they capture this guy how long do you think it will take Disney to come and buy the story from him??

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh oh... I want there to be a lovable sidekick for the sniper that makes him/her seem more child friendly... maybe someone like Kenny who keeps shooting themselves in the head...

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Peasant

Market Rating:

Hey now that needs to be discussed with Disney not me. Remember i didnt say anything . :)

6. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just want him caught. My dad lives in Montgomery County, where 6 people have been shot, and it's not in the least bit funny. He works at a Montgomery County school, and I know it's not a good chance anyone I know will be targeted, but it doesn't make it any less scary. Alot of the shootings happened within a couple of miles to where he lives in Olney (10 min from Rockville and Wheaton)
    I don't care how they catch him, use the military if they have too, tho I think the spy plane drove the sniper down past Richmond. Not sure if it's still flying the area, but I hope so.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ahahhaha, what, you mean martial law?

A couple dead people isn't worth locking down a whole state. It'd do more harm than good.

Anyways, he'll eventually screw up and get caught. Or someone will see his face and have a composite drawn.

8. Disco Cat

Disco Cat Peasant

Market Rating:
    What I'm surprised about is that the card the shooter left at the last victim said that this was all over 10 millions dollars. Wouldn't it just be easier to give him 10 million (not a huge amount for a country) and save a lot of lives and track the money, as it wouldn't be too difficult for them?

Also, the "Your children are not safe anywhere at any time" part was apparently because when the shooter phone the FBI some smart lady there hung up on him 6 times, so it's a retaliatory thing.

9. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    no, not martial law. just letting the military help, like lending surveilance support. Alot of the people are opposed to the idea because in the constitution it states the military cannot take part in civilian investigations. But it does not say they can't share information. I don't expect martial law, he just needs to be caught. And he prob will do something stupid and get caught. Or he may just quit and never be found.

As for the 10 mil, that was in the note as kinda an "after thought" it sounded like. This isn't about money, its about power. I think the money is just another decoy. Like I think the truck the police seized was most likely left by the sniper with a different type of shell to either throw them off or toy with them. The truck may not have had anything to do with the sniper, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was planted as a "red herring". Any evidence the police have found has been deliberatly left, or so it appears.

10. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    What school does your dad teach at?
    I agree that this seems more to be about power than money. Anyway, god doesn't need money!

11. Disco Cat

Disco Cat Peasant

Market Rating:
    Isn't the military already being used to track him down? I remember something about the military equipment being sanctioned to be used or something.

No, he doesn't, but then again God doesn't need a high powered rifle either.

12. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Looks like they may have caught him.

Not sure what school my dad works at, he works in the computer lab and is taking classes so he can be a subsitute teacher. He's retired Coast Guard, so this is just a 2nd paycheck and something to do. I know the school is near the top of beltway (maybe Silver Spring), since he drives to Wheaton metro to go to work. Seems to me he pointed out the school when we took the metro from Wheaton to downtown DC last time I visited.

Anyway, hope it is the guy. Seems odd the first shooting was in Montgomery, Alabama, then he moved to Montgomery County, MD. Wonder if he's got a grudge about Montgomery. At first I thought he targeted there because it's one of the richest counties in the US. Kinda a "you're not safe anywhere, rich or poor" type of message.

13. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    The lock-downs may finally be over!!!!

Hitometer: 53,859,653 since 1995