Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Tell me what you think of the guild.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, May 1, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. Bames

Bames Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think it needs more members. [​IMG]

I also think we need a special PKK unit. sort of an assassins guild (these people get to cheat in order to kill PK's?) and to do that The mac needs an advanced Trainer about 50 times better than any availible on the PC side with abilities like teleport enemies and lock down (prevent all spells so you must fight hand to hand.) or somthing to stop trainers from helping PK's

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I want to stay away from cheating all together. In the long run it makes the game less fun. When I started cheating in Diablo1 it ruined the game for me. There was no point. But I don't think that cheating will be much of an issue in Diablo2. Blizzard is storing the character files on their servers so that it's nearly impossible to hack them or use trainers on a character. We'll see.

4. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I most likely plan on buying the game, but a quick question when joining the guild, I notice the screen alias thing, I haven't played Diablo1, does blizzard limit the alias to 1 person or does it matter?, cause I don't want to register under some alias and then wind up having to change it

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I heard this on one of the Diablo2 info sites:

If I understand correctly, you register a battle.net account under one name. Then within that account you can have a bunch of different characters with different names. It also said that multiple people can register under the same alias (not the account name, the alias). Now, if this is true, then we have nothing to worry about. If it isn't then we'll have to deal with it when the time comes.

6. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Blizzard will have two ways to play, Realm Games and Open Games. The Blizzard.net games (realm) will be cheat proof (or so they say), but in the open games, which are like Diablo 1, cheating will be possible.

------------------
    SpocKirk@aol.com

7. The Reaper

The Reaper Unregistered

[​IMG] Yo Guys.
    I'm The Reaper a new Mac D2 Guild Member. I like the idea of a mac D2 guild Jakeman, and it does look good so far.
    I have played D1 only tiny bit, (because I never bought it) but D2 looks waaaaaaay better. So I think I'll buy it.
    I'll try to make a cool logo in Adobe Photoshop once we get a new name.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I'm glad you like the Mac D2 Guild. I've been messing in Photoshop myself. I made some cool shadows and light flares and stuff. But without an official name, it's kind of hard. Eventually the guild site will be totally kick ass! I was thinking of adding a quiet sound track to the site, but sometimes that gets annoying. I don't know. Welcome to the guild!

9. Bames

Bames Peasant

Market Rating:
    "Blizzard is storing the character files on their servers so that it's nearly impossible to hack them or use trainers on a character. We'll see."

that makes it easier for others to hack our characters...that is if they're good

10. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    hehehe, who needs PKKs when you can just change the stats of your enemies! Is anyone good with hacking?

------------------
    SpocKirk@aol.com

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Quote from guild rules: No cheating.

I think we should just forget about PKKs and cheats and stuff. Believe me, once you start it makes the game less and less fun. I experienced it first hand. Even if you get killed and are tempted to cheat to regain your stuff, don't do it. Seriously, it ruins the game for you. That's what's nice about belonging to a guild, you get a guild hall "goody chest" to dive in when you need stuff. This is one rule that I feel we should all abide by.

Oh yeah, PKKing is still allowed (even just plain PKing), as long as you don't cheat to do it. k? k.

guild rules in summary: everything is allowed with 3 main guide lines.
    1. Have a Mac.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Be loyal to guild members (meaning don't go killing your guild buddies)
    Everything else is game.

Hitometer: 53,855,924 since 1995