Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Team Games

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Haite, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    This thread will contain my announcements of official Team games.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Our first game will be tomorrow, which is Friday for the Americans and Saturday for the Europeans (if any decide to play). There will be no adjustments to the schedule this time around, since the announcement is so last-minute. Comments to help me in scheduling further games are appreciated.

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/calendar.php?s=&action=getinfo&eventid=259

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Hell Baal Runs

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/calendar.php?s=&action=getinfo&eventid=260

Who: any clan members level 80 and above
    What: high-speed/high-efficiency Hell Baal runs
    Where: msc/clan USEast
    When: 1:00 PM PST, 2:00 PM MST, 3:00 PM CST, 4:00 PM EST, Saturday Nov. 22
    Why: to fill the clan mules with high level items

The clan mules have lots of starter gear, now we need some primo uniques for people to borrow when they get way up there. We need to do some extremely high efficiency Baal runs. No weak builds, and no low levels.

Preferred builds:
    Code:
    Barbarian Tanks (any kind with decent killing power,
         but survivability is what really matters,
         you're there to take hits, nothing more,
         get max block and good defense)

Hammerdins (great AoE damage, need a good aura
         like Conviction, to help Sorcs and Necros)

Orb, Meteor, Hydra Sorcs (above all, you're here for Static,
         but Meteor can dish out serious damage,
         Hydra is great DoT, and Orb may not be extremely powerful,
         but ice is good to have)

Poison Nova Necros (synergized means huge damage)

Mind Blast Assasins (crowd control squared)

LF or Freezing Arrow or Immolation Arrow Zons
         (good range damage, Valks are good to retreat behind)

Druids... are useless.  Damn you, Blizzard.
    Anyway, this is my strategy. If anyone is already building around these lines, then awesome. If you can have a character ready in a week, then awesome. Hopefully we can get a solid item hunting team together within a few weeks. Please post suggestions, and if you want to be a part of this team, then list the character you'll be building (and please concentrate on this character). I'm hoping that MSC can build up a relatively large pool of wealth to draw from, so we can be free to experiment and play as much as we want, with whatever build we want.

I will be building a tanking Barbarian.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    my poison nova necro is level 71. He isn't realizing his full potential yet because I don't have Bramble armor or that unique wand, but he has good crowd control ability with attract. I can try to be in Hell act 5 by the weekend, but I'm sure I will be dying a lot because I don't have my template's absorb items.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    With a few solid tanks, we should be able to last. Ideally we need a tank Sorc who can teleport straight to the Throne and send us a TP; spending time on 2 and 3 means wasted drops.

Also, the idea is that we'll be able to get some good items to fill the mules, and trade for the equipment we need on an optimum build. I personally expect to have my resists and absorb items by the weekend, and I'll be tanking the damage, so with Valkyries and Golems, we should last well enough. For efficiency though, the ultimate goal is a Sorc who can get us straight to the Throne.

6. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Some of my best finds are from going through the Worldstone.....plus oodles of experience.

I suppose pure Baal runs can be profitable, but I tend to find lots of my good finds in lvls 2-3.

I'm only doing NM Baal runs right now, not going to Hell mode until I'm level 75, I'm almost 70 now. But one NM baal run is about 3/4 level, clearing out Worldstone 2&3 and Throne (not sides, just middle)

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    do we have anyone that can survive a hell baal run? I mean, I see level 80 tank chars dying all the time doing NM baal runs. We need some uber chars with uber items to do Hell baal.

8. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't think so Jake.

My zon is doing great with frozen arrow. I just started hell and she is lvl 55. I'm doing Multi-shot/frozen/guided. She is working a little below her lvl but she has been the one in public games that does the most. when I get her into the 80's she'll be very good. My pali is still inwork but i'm not in a hurry for him.

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Baal consistently drops high level uniques and rares, as opposed to just hoping that we might possibly just out of chance get a drop from some monster.

Whether or not a single character can survive a Hell run on their own also isn't the issue, it's whether or not they can work in a team of several specialized builds. A poison necro might get whooped if he didn't have that Barbarian there to stand in and distract monsters.

Let's give it a try, see how it works. We can work through 2 and 3 and see if that yields anything, but since Baal can be more reliable, it seems to be optimal if we can rush to Baal, take his items, and move on.

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hmmm...None of my characters are particularly uber.

Level 70 assassin
    Level 70 paladin, not hammerdin
    Level 44 meteor/TS sorc

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Also, I should clarify, as to characters, this is more of an overall strategy. Obviously we can't expect to have a perfect team straight off.

Having good items is kind of a chicken/egg type quandary. Of course it's going to be a struggle at first, but unless we buckle down and work hard, then we're never going to get far. If we take the stance that there's no way it can be done, then it'll take a lot longer and a lot less involvement before we do get anywhere. The mules will end up being neglected and they'll have nothing but low level rares.

12. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, personally my idea of a mule account was so that we could share items we find that we might not need but someone else could use......

it shouldn't be something where a few people do massive runs just so they can give members high level stuff, I personally like to work for me own items and share what I don't need. Not work to equip everyone else......or maybe I'm reading the post wrong. So what if the mules have low-mid level items for a bit, you got to start somewhere....as more people get higher level, the quality of the items on the mules will increase.

I also think it's a mistake to discount builds that aren't "uber cookie cutter" builds. In a team, even builds that are a bit different can survive and be quite effective.

Anyway, I'm not racing to become 80 so I can run Baal continously. I did continuous item/experience runs in 1.09. I want to enojy the game again in 1.10 and experience all the new changes before falling back on item runs. I'm also not planning on building a "cookie cutter" character just so I can item run. 1.09 got boring because of that. 1.10 is a way to start fresh, try new builds.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  13. KnifeHim

KnifeHim Peasant

Market Rating:
    Heya's, I'm currently lvl 85 and have some good gear. But I must say, Hell will not be easy.

Even with maxed lightning resist, and 25 lightning absorb those shade like things can 3 shot me if i'm not carefull.

If we wanted to do runs with ease, we would need a summon necro for a wall, and 1-2 sorcs that can do significant amounts of damage.

Also, people should be noticiing i'm handing out as much uber loot that i find while doing baal runs. If you haven't recieved anything yet, look for me ingame, i should be able to help!

lvl85 Pally (Veg, Smite, Fanat, HShield) *chaos_wulf

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i was telling haite last night that i probably won't be to hell act 5 in time for saturday's event. I'm too busy.

15. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm getting owned in Hell Blood Moor......

so it'll be awhile. But I am working on my Lighting Zon now, using both Light strike and fury depending on the situation. Light Strike is great for enemies that are spread out and travels all over.

But she's only in NM act 3, so got aways to go.

16. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think nightmare baal runs are better. You can get some pretty good stuff and no one is really ready for hell at this point.

17. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ya that how I feel. It all depends on the equipment we get. I think we'll be building up slow compared to the 1.09 days.

18. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    It's starting to seem like Hell's just unrealistic at this point. We'll take Nightmare. Same strategies apply. Hopefully we can get some good gear to outfit ourselves for Hell in a few weeks' time.

19. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    My primary concern is that there are still several bugs, and in fixing them, Blizzard may revert to bosses only dropping good items for the quest. They may have intentionally set bosses in this manner in order to flood the new Ladder realms with items, so as not to make the game too difficult. At the same time, they may not want the flood to continue (as elite uniques and high level runes are not as far-distant and lofty as they used to seem).

20. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    To get the really good stuff you have to play hell, and most characters can't handle it, nevermind 8 players.

Hitometer: 53,596,429 since 1995