Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Team Alpha-Game 1

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by flytrap, Jul 27, 2000.

1. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    OK, lets get started. Here is Rustam's post:
    TEAM ALPHA (proposed):

GILGAMESH: Paladin

FLYTRAP: Barbarian

MENDEL: Necromancer

DARK_WARRIOR: Paladin

This group seems to be workable. I don't know about Mendel and Dark_Warrior's connection. There are two other difficulties: time (Gilgamesh CAN'T start until 9pm, and Mendel indicated an end time of 10pm); two paladins. If you guys don't care about two paladins, then go for it. Otherwise, somebody may consider another class.

If you guys want, I can join this group, and fill in with another character type.

If this TEAM is acceptable, start another TOPIC, like "TEAM ALPHA: Game 1", and organize a game for Friday night. Everybody would start from scratch, decide in the forum about further house rules, open or closed characters, etc.

-Rustam

If we can lets set up a game for friday, 7/28.
    I think 9:00pm est. is good since gilgamesh can't play before that.

My only concern is mendel, who can't play past 10pm, or is that just during the week?

I think we should start new open characters and only play them with this group.......until we finish the game.

we will also need to set up 2 days during the week that will be constant and that we all can attend.

What do ya think?

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    sorry, didn't see this topic before I created the same one...

Friday at 9PM is fine with me, and hopefully Mendal can come. We'll have to wait and see if the 10PM cutoff is a weekday thing or everyday.

New Open characters are fine by me...we're not going to be hacking our own characters.

I would suggest we keep the days fluid. I know my schedule changes constantly. Let's agree to the next date at the end of each gaming session. If this works, let's keep doing it. If it seems like we need to nail down certain days cause we can't agree on the next session, then we'll do that.

[This message has been edited by Gilgamesh (edited 07-27-2000).]

3. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    hey all. i'm on a dial up connection for now....but in a month i'll have a T1.

i can't make it friday though. we're having a big going away party for two of my friends here. really sorry!!! can we figure out a new time for our first?

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I'm open all weekend...9PM is the key for me, though. I cannot commit to any weekend day play.

How bout Sat. 9PM EST?

5. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    saturday at 9 should be fine

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

6. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    Great guns! This may actually get off the ground!

Brand new characters is of course the way to do it. I have some other ideas for house rules, if you are interested.

Did you guys want a 5th?

-Rustam

7. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    come on in Rustam.....the more the merrier. [​IMG]

it would only be natural since you started this idea!

Saturday at 9pm est is ok for me too!

Where's mendel?

8. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    ya, sure, tell us rule. i'd love to hear em

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Rustum...you're more than welcome!

New characters...5 players...and a whole-lotta nasties!!!

What character are you playing? I'm going to be naming my character "Gilgamesh", since I already have a "mac_Gilgamesh" Paladin created (or can we have more than one with the same name?).

Do you want me to host? My IP is 24.6.90.89 I will check on the IP before Staurday and post it again to be certain.

Mendal...we need ya buddy!!

10. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    Would we prefer TCP/IP to battlenet? I think that would require more coordination for the set-up. Let me know.

One other rule I was considering would make the game pretty hard:

LOW MAGIC: the only magic items you could use would be socket, unique, and set.

Perhaps we could only apply it to weapons and armor. What do you think?

-R

11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I still vote for TCP/IP...more stable than BNet right now.

Why would we restrict ourselves with low-magic? There will be plenty of enemies to make the game tough with 5 of us in there, don't you think?

We could share the stuff that is found laying around with eachother. Sooner or later, we are just going to end up selling all that stuff off anyway.

If we restrict ourselves to socketed, unique, or rare....socketed needs gems(and there are no too many of them to go around); and there are even less uniques and rares...

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:

Why would we restrict ourselves with low-magic? There will be plenty of enemies to make the game tough with 5 of us in there, don't you think?

We could share the stuff that is found laying around with eachother. Sooner or later, we are just going to end up selling all that stuff off anyway.

If we restrict ourselves to socketed, unique, or rare....socketed needs gems(and there are no too many of them to go around); and there are even less uniques and rares...

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gilgamesh:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry...must have network troubles...

15. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    I haven't tried tcp/ip but It sounds ok to me. The only problem would be that we wouldn't be using the battle.net chat screen to assemble. Or can we?

Also, I agree with gilgamesh, we should use whatever the game allows us to use as long as we aren't cheating(no playing outside of team alpha with these characters or trading with anyone outside of the game)

As a recap:

Saturday 7/29 at 9:00pm eastern time

Gilgamesh hosting at: 24.6.90.89

Open Characters

Dark Warrior: Paladin

Gilgamesh: Paladin

Rustam: ?

flytrap: barbarian

Mendel: necromancer.....where are you?

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flytrap:
    I haven't tried tcp/ip but It sounds ok to me. The only problem would be that we wouldn't be using the battle.net chat screen to assemble. Or can we?

Also, I agree with gilgamesh, we should use whatever the game allows us to use as long as we aren't cheating(no playing outside of team alpha with these characters or trading with anyone outside of the game)

As a recap:

Saturday 7/29 at 9:00pm eastern time

Gilgamesh hosting at: 24.6.90.89

Open Characters

Dark Warrior: Paladin

Gilgamesh: Paladin

Rustam: ?

flytrap: barbarian

Mendel: necromancer.....where are you?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would start a TCP/IP game and be in town waiting for you to join in. Just enter thru "Other Multiplayer" option and you will pop into town... [​IMG]

We'll wait for everyone to show and chat there. As soon as everyone shows, we'll link up into a party and get Quest #1.

If people drop out, or get interrupted connections, they just have to rejoin the game and party. We'll cast them a TP to get back to us.

Sound good to everyone?

17. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sounds like a plan to me.

18. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    i can't make it out tonight!! i'm SUPER sorry! a big family thing came up that i CAN'T get out of....trust me, i tried, but they didn't take i'm not going cuz i haev to play video games for an acceptable answer

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

19. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    So so sorry........when will people understand that playing games is just as important as family matters......hehe.

How about tomorrow?

20. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm good for tonight starting at 9!

I can't do it tomorrow; already made plans. There may always be times when one of the team can't make a session.

As for LOW MAGIC, it was just a suggestion; since I will probably play a sorceress in this one, HIGH MAGIC is fine with me!

Any preference on which class I play?

I'll check the board again around 8:30.

Gil, please confirm that we are up for tonight.

-Rustam

Hitometer: 53,597,665 since 1995