Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

TCP/IP games vs. battle.net

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm thinking that having a page where you post the IP number of your TCP/IP game may be a good idea. The battle.net channel is good, but battle.net sucks right now. Plus, once you post the IP # then some one else can get that number some time after the fact. In the battle.net channel you have to be in the channel at the same time with some one else to organize a game. It's kind of like the message board vs. chat room thing. The message board helps deal with timing issues when talking about stuff. What do you guys think? Should I make another forum for posting IPs of games? Any other suggestions?

------------------
    I'm gonna kill you 'til you're dead!

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I like the Message board channel to post IP address...this is what 3 of my friends and i are doing right now. Especially since BNet sucks.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Bad idea. Don't post your IP game requests in this forum. Make a new forum for this reason so that it doesn't get completely cluttered up with posts.
    Also, don't write the game name stuff in the message. Just write "IP game xx.xxx.xxx.xxx (time : time)."
    That way it'll be easier to see what time it ended at so you have to read the whole thing.
    Ex: IP game at 24.113.109.22 from 3 to 7pm EST.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I like cow's idea. New forum - no messages - just subject titles with all needed info. Of course the IP game forum would be private so only clan members could get in and see what games are going. (I don't think IP games can have passwords) I could make the default for that forum only show topics for that day.

I really think this would work well. What does everyone else think?

------------------
    I'm gonna kill you 'til you're dead!

5. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    Since I've never participated in an IP game, could you tell me how it works, and how to put one together?

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    If you want to create one:
    Pick the "other multiplayer" option from the main screen. Then choose "TCP/IP". Then choose "create" and you're done.
    If you want to join:
    Do the same as above, but choose "join" instead of create and enter the ip address of the person's computer that you want to join.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

7. President Satan

President Satan Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've played IP games. You can't complete quests on it so it kind of sucks worse than bnet. Its great just to level up with friends and to find stuff but thats about it.

------------------
    It is better to be bad at
    something you like than
    to be good at something
    you ha

8. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Why wouldn't you be able to complete quests?
    I've played tcp ip with my mom and we've finished quests together. I don't see why it should be any different.
    You only get the quests once a difficulty level anyway. once you complete them, thats it for you. But you can do them again and not get the reward.

------------------
    "A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic"

9. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I belive you can only complete quests available to the person hosting the game.

10. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    i have no idea [​IMG], but i got a quest complete in other ppl hosted TCP/IP

------------------
    In the biginning Universe was born. This has made many people angry and was regarded as a bad move.

Hitometer: 53,555,167 since 1995