Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Swords and Armor

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by DunAzrael, May 31, 2001.

1. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ahem....
    If were gonna talk about find metallurgy and sword craftsmanship, let me whip out my thang.
    Japanese swords:(shortest to longest with clay forged tang lines)

Tan'to(haire ' Cari knife)
    Wakasashi(assasins blade)foot long to two foot long blade.Straps horizontally behind back for outward-up striking motion with the least movement.)

Katana(Primary Kung pow sword.should touch the tip of the ground while holding it inverted at side. shoulder sling. often inveterted.))

Wikabashu(extremely sharp and long. often over 7 feet long.(polearm, can be attached to blade to form a ningpoh, or what is known in China as a war lords ally.))

The Japananese Swords, forged with damascan steel or pre-tempered iron, are tempered with clay on thick side for blocking and edged on other for the sharpest and most lasting edge.

Like this:

------------------ >this side is tempered with clay for hardened striking edge.
    .................. > the opposite edge, is not and is therefore allowed to be used as a cutting tool with "folded" composition.

Ahhhh, yes. the folding blades. :)
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    My old sword was folded 16 times. ;)

OGGAABOOOGA!!

I hate poison ivy damnit!!!!!!
    (whole other story.)

oh and all battle ready means is that they are tempered more for stronger make-up of the metal. :)

2. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    oops. nothing else needs to be said but "oops".

3. konoko

konoko Banned

Market Rating:
    ummmmm if u get a good katana it is folded like 50 times..... and is kick ass to handle

4. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Explain your crazy sword jibba-jabba...im from Wisconsin....Explain this fold thing

5. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    folded like a bedsheet

Folded swords: (not like a pocket knife!)
    During forging they get it red hot, hammer it flat as a pancake, fold it in half, hammer flat again, fold in half, etc. Makes some seriously strong and resilient stuff.
    Amusing nuclear engineer observation when I ws in the Navy... In the move "Highlander" some stoopid 'ho says "this blade's been folder over 200 times" blah blah blah. Well, determining that just ain't possible. Keeping the thickness of the finished blade and the thickness of a molecule in mind, folding over 200 times would make layers thinner than the molecules from which the sword is made. Of course you COULD fold it 200 times, but nobody could tell as the fingerprint for the folds would get lost as the thinness diminished to the point thinner than Jakeman's penis. Nuclear engineer types in the Navy had little to do most of the day...

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  7. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hehe, poison ivy. I just got over a case of that. Had to go on steroids b/c I got it on my arm, stomach, waste, and nuts. I was trimming the hedges (not sexually) and got a bad case. Oh, I should add that I was fully clothed. The doctoress said that I was most likely sweating enough that the poison rolled with the sweat. Yummy.

Word of advice: Don't get it on there. Not fun.

8. konoko

konoko Banned

Market Rating:
    te hehe

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    OUCH DUDE! You got it on your piece?! I have never had poison ivy or poison oak or whatever. *shudder*

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    *scritch* *scritch* *scritch*

MOOSE! Get yer hands out of yer pants!

11. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ya, right. Fully clothed. Tip-toe through the poison ivy, methinks. :eek: I TOLD you you were dangling... :D

Hmmm, trimming the hedges (sexually)? :wtf: Man, let me tell you, if you got poison ivy from 'trimming the hedges', your partner has some serious foliage problems... :D

12. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Better yet, get yer hands out of cow's pants! :eek: :)

13. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ok, so I got poison ivy in a weird place. The chicky doctor said that it most likely was carried there by sweat. I will believe her. And I do agree that if I got it from a chick that she would have some major major foliage problems! But in the future I will use 2 hands to cut the hedges, not one on the trimmer and one in my pants!

14. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    It is tough to stay away from cow since s/he is so cuuuuuute! But I will try.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    When I was younger, I used to do landscaping and other outside work.....

My boss sent me scurrying up a tree to lop off some of the dead upper branches. Little did I realize that the tree (which was covered with leafy vines) was actually covered in poison-ivy.

To my utter sorrow, I didn't recognize (and no-one said anything about it) that it was poison-ivy. I had it everywhere....except down THERE..... Since It was always hot and humid, I used to landscape in boots and shorts....no shirt!!

Man did I itch.... I looked like a Pink Smurf with all the callomine (spelling???) lotion I was putting on....

16. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ouch. It also sucks when you get it in your belly-button, assuming you have an inny. I have an inny and got it there. Man oh man. That's all I will say on that!

17. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am just getting over it now, but when it was at it's peak I had it from my toes to my neck and it would chafe against my shoes on my feet and make these nasty blisters. Needless to say, I got no loving during that time..... almost two weeks. :(
    I just bought a chinese war lord sword. It is pretty pimp. I'll post a pic of me with it when I fix my digital Camera. To give you an idea of it,
    Has anyone seen Crouching tiger hidden dragon?
    When the police officer, his daughter and that other guy fight the fox chick, the weapon that the "other guy" has is a chinese war lords staff with the big curved blade on top. You'll see.

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I just watched crouching tiger last night. VERY COOL MOVIE!

19. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    OMG that movie's so fake, but yes it is cool! I saw it with a Chinese dorm student at my high school, he understood it and everything and liked it too. He also said there were some cuss words they didn't translate :D.

--Haite

20. konoko

konoko Banned

Market Rating:
    yea cthd was kewl but if u want a good sword get the green deistanie that sword was kewl!!!! :fist: :hump: :glob: :rocket:

Hitometer: 53,550,881 since 1995