Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

SuSE 8.0 == Dope Diggity

Discussion in 'Mac' started by powerhouse, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I apologise to powerhouse for the assumption. His informed reply made me think that he took my omitting technical information as due to ignorance.

I have no qualm with a distribution targeted at being user friendly. It's not for me.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    He downloads mp3s to play on XMMS, tries to get his soundcard to work and install Matrix themes for KDE. Sometimes he'll also ping flood people for fun even though his upstream is ten times smaller than their downstream.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Yep, that's the one :D.

Good ol' Windowmaker does me fine...

4. powerhouse

powerhouse Peasant

Market Rating:
    No harm, no foul good buddy.

Whatever floats your boat. I want something to replace windows. And although I like the power and customizablity of Linux, there are times when I just want to be able to do something, and I don't want to have to do a whole lot of extra **** to do it. Sure I can build software from source, but I'll take an rpm over source any day of the week.

I just find it funny how you say that user friendly OSes aren't for you, and yet you're a Mac person. I mean, how much easier does it get? Now I realize that OS X has a terminal now, but that doesn't make it non-user friendly.

Screenshot: http://www.macintoxication.com/temp/desktop.jpg

Hitometer: 53,556,776 since 1995